Chapter Four

As she pries free from my grip and drives away, I stare at her, trying hard not to show any emotions. Her (y/e/c) eyes staring at me as she reversed.

Once she had turned the corner, I slowly retreat to my own car and sit inside it for a minute, letting my thoughts flood through my like a tsunami. It's only when I feel tears pooling in my eyes that I bring myself back to reality and start my journey home.

Arriving home, I decide to look through my box of highschool memories. At the bottom of the box is a diary with lots of jagged paper hearts cut out and stuck onto the front cover. Opening it to a random page, I see a long entry about a certain (y/h/c) haired girl.

'Today, Maicey told me that she heard that (y/n) is trying out she/they pronouns now. That's so cool.
Honestly (y/n) is so pretty I'm still quite sad that they refuse to talk to me. Id love to be friends with her but she has made it extremely clear that she doesn't want to. But it's their decision so I'm going to let them do what they want.'
I'm pretty sure that (y/n) still uses she/they but I'm not entirely sure.

As I try to go to sleep, I can't get (y/n) out of my head. Her (y/h/l), (y/h/c) hair matches so well with her (y/e/c) eyes. The way she moves is so perfect.

But I don't like her anymore.