Chapter Nineteen

The next day, we have rehearsals again so me and Jamie part ways, agreeing to keep our new bond secret for now. As I arrive on set, Mia comes running up to me.
"(Y/N!)" She yells.
"Jesus, I'm right here. Do you have to yell?" I jokingly complain.
"Uh...yeah" she retaliates, sarcastically. "Anyways, how are you?"
Before I can answer, Jamie walks in and makes his way over to Mia, smiling at her as he does.
"Hi, Mia" he glances at me. Mia greets him before turning back to me. "So? Are you gonna answer my question or not?"
"Oh, I'm good, you?" I reply awkwardly.
She shrugs before beginning a conversation with Jamie. I slowly begin to move away and sit at the side, waiting to begin rehearsing.

Finally, we move to the actual set and begin practicing a new scene. In this scene, Damien is confessing his love to Jesse. Deja vu. Whilst reading from the script, I struggle to keep my composure and almost laugh many times.
"Stop" the director calls "(y/n), is something funny?" I look towards him, slightly embarrassed at my immaturity.
"Oh, no. Sorry"
He sighs, "Then take it seriously." Barry scolds before directing us to continue.

Jamie looks into my eyes, a hint of sympathy flowing through his aquatic blue irises. I gently smile, enough for only him to pick up on it and continue reading from the script. Envious of Jamie's talent and how well he stays serious, I feel tears prick at my eyes. To my dismay, Jamie notices this and places his script down on a table beside us. Gently, he takes my script from me and does the same before taking my hands in his own. I slowly look up to meet his eyes once more.
"What's wrong, love" he questions, concern lacing his voice. I shake my head, not wanting to confess my envy. Jamie sighs slightly before beginning to walk away from the set. With my hand still in his, I'm forced to follow him. Barry calls after us before giving up, mumbling frustrated curses at us.

Once we're far enough away, Jamie gently grabs my chin to make me look at him once again. I softly laugh, realising I've never looked into his eyes this much in my life. Confused, he let's out a huff of laughter as well.
"Come on, (y/n). Somethings wrong. Please, love, tell me what it is." He pleads in a gentle tone.
I cave in. "It's just, you always stay so serious and you never laugh when we're rehearsing or filming. I feel like I'm not as good of an actor as you because of that"
"Darling" he starts before pulling me into a hug. "It took me years to be able to stay in character and not laugh. I still struggle with it. I only wasn't laughing because I'm terrified of Barry." He chuckles after finishing his speech.
"Oh, I feel fucking stupid now" I chuckle, wiping the tears from my eyes. We both laugh for a few minutes before Mia comes running over.
"Uh...since when did you two get along!?" She exclaims. Me and Jamie simply look at eachother before looking back at her.

"Long story" Jamie replies, simply.