Chapter Sixteen

Pulling up infront of Jamie's house, I glance nervously at the building before exiting my car.

I knock on the door and stand awkwardly for a moment before Jamie opens the door. "Darling, I'm surprised you actually came" he chuckles. I nod my head as he leads me inside. We sit on the couch, and I bring my legs up to my chest, resting my head on my knees. "I'm so tired" I mumble as Jamie laughs. "Don't laugh at me, James." I spit.

"Why did you even ask me to come here?" I question, looking up at him with my head still on my knees. "I just want to talk to you about some stuff" he speaks, calmly. I lift my head up signalling that I want him to continue speaking.

He takes a deep breath and exhales before speaking. "I just want to say that I am so sorry for being the reason you and Maicey aren't friends. Trust me, if I could go back and change everything, I would. All I ever wanted was friends. If I'm being honest, Maicey wasn't even the first person I looked at when I stepped into our form class on my first day" he pauses and I look at him, confused "I looked at you. I saw you sitting there looking absolutely bored as you stared blankly at the front of the room," he chuckles "and I knew immediately that I wanted to become friends with you but that wasn't what you wanted and I was sad about it for a while until I was forced to accept the reality that you hated me and still do hate me." He looks into my eyes.

"So, I guess what I'm trying to say, (y/n), is that I'm sorry for everything and hope you can forgive me and we can maybe, eventually, become friends" a hopeful glint shines in his eyes as he finishes his rant. "Jamie," I whisper, for a second, I'm sure I see his cheeks tint red "I feel bad now" I let out a small laugh. "All this time, I was being so selfish. I couldn't accept the fact that friendships fall apart and people move on. I've been pissed at you for so many years and it feels so stupid now" a small tear rolls down my cheek. It's only now that I realise I'm crying.

"(Y/n)..." Jamie pulls me into a hug and I reciprocate. We sit for a few minutes enjoying eachother's embrace before Jamie abruptly pulls away and stands up, walking away. I stay sitting on the couch, thoroughly confused. After a few minutes, Jamie comes back through with two cups of coffee in his hands. He places them down, one infront of me, and reaches for the TV remote and hitting the 'on' button.

We watch the TV in a comfortable silence for a while before I lean over and rest my head on Jamie's shoulder. He rests his head ontop of mine and wraps his arm around me. Jamie's warmth brings an immense amount of comfort as I sit there, listening to his calm breaths.

"You're adorable" Jamie mutters. I slightly laugh.