Chapter Nine

I wake up later than normal today and see a lot of messages on the group chat. Scrolling through them, I gather that everyone is agreeing to a party at someone's house tonight. I quickly text that I'll be there and begin to get ready.

Mia texts me and asks if she can come over to get ready with me and I agree. Whilst waiting for Mia, I decide to take a quick shower. I enjoy the feeling of the warmth on my skin as I wash myself.

Stepping out, I wrap a towel around myself before hearing a knock on the door. I tread over, open it slightly and see Mia standing there so I open the door wider so she can step in. "Bad timing?" She teases, gazing at my freshly cleaned body that is only being covered by a thin towel. I laugh with her, rolling my eyes before we start walking towards my room.

Mia chooses my outfit and decides I should wear a flowy (y/f/c) dress with black shoes that aren't high heels but do have a slight heel to them. Once I get dressed, she sits me down and begins to style my hair despite my protests.

After we're both ready, we take my car to the party and arrive at the perfect time; it isn't empty but we aren't the last ones here. In the classic child-like behaviour of the cast, everyone agrees to play truth or dare.

It's Jamie's turn to choose and he chooses truth. "What's your biggest regret?" A girl,who isn't actually part of the cast, asks. "Probably" he pauses "being the reason why a friendship ended" he glances towards me and I scoff at him. Leaning towards Mia, I whisper "cheesy much" to which she snickers.

"(Y/n)" Jamie speaks. "Truth or dare" he finishes. "Dare" I say with confidence. "I dare you to..." He looks around and sees its raining outside "stand in the rain for 20 seconds". "Are you joking! I just showered this morning and I'm wearing a dress, no way" he simply shrugs "it's a dare".

With a heavy sigh, I stand up and fling the door open. Stepping out, I realise I'm protected by a shelter so I have to step further. The rain begins to hit me.

It's so cold!