Prologue

Queens , New York

Loren.

~

"COME ON TAY WE GONE BE LATE!!" I screamed up the stairs of the apartment.

"DAMN YOU ALWAYS RUSHING ME!" Taylor yelled down.

"Girl you know I need a be at the radio station in like 20minutes, and the traffic in NewYork is crazy!" I said running in the kitchen grabbing the keys off the counter.

"You know what I don't Get loren" she jogged down the stairs.

"You got money now, you could a got yo self a car and got up out my apartment, instead of rushing me to take you every where!"

I rolled my eyes. "Taylor I told you I was gon start looking for a house. In due time, it just ain't the time yet. And you acting like ion pay half the bills in this bitch!"

"That's not what I'm saying Loren" taylor threw her jacket on.

"I mean, you got the money, anybody else would of bounced and found they own shit along time ago. Why you still here, living with me?" Taylor asked. I walked over to her, and fixed the collar on her jacket.

"Cause your all I got Taylor, its just not the right time yet, I'm not ready to be on my own yet, I know I got the money, but that's not what makes me happy. Waking up to your waffles make me happy" I smiled.

She rolled her eyes. "You is a strange ass girl Fam" she said. I giggled

"I need you now more than ever Rugrat" I said hugging her. She hugged me back.

We pulled away. "You down for me ?" I asked.

"Forever and always. You down for me?" She asked.

"You know it!" I cheesed. "Now come onnn Tay. Let's go!!" I grabbed her hand and we rushed out the apartment and into her car.

"You ready for this?" Taylor asked while she drove.

"I don't know, im nervous, this gonna be my first radio interview. Everybody is gonna hear me, while they cruising in they ride" I said.

Tay chuckled. "Just be your self, be real Loren, Rainlyn is just gonna interrogate yo ass on air like she do everybody. Don't be nervous I'll be here with you"

Tay placed her hand on top of mines, I looked at her and smiled. I then looked out the window.

Seeing the cover of my book on fliers pasted on buildings made my heart beat fast.

"Look Tay" I pointed out the window, at the fliers.

"Yo book famous as fuck, you finally up there" tay smiled.

"Hell yeah, about time. It took six years"

"Uncle Lorenzo would of been so proud of you Cuz."

"I know, I wish he was here though you know" I looked down at my perfectly polished nails as I thought about my father, he has missed out on 14 years of my life so far.

"Come on Loren, no fireworks right now! You is about to be on the radio" tay said slapping my thigh,

"You right. You right. But after words promise me we can go get some ice cream and visit him"

Tay looked at me and then back at the road. "Yeah, no problem"
I smiled. "Thanks"

~

15minutes later me and Tay was running through the station looking for room 14,