The Bigger Person

Loren

~

I kicked Jasmines front door with my foot. I couldn't knock due to the 2 boxes that occupied my hands and blocked most of my veiw.

"Damn about time, where you bee...-" Loura answered the door. I couldn't see her facial expressions , but I knew it would have been funny.

"What's in the boxes?" She asked taking one from me, and walking into the living room. We sat them on the coffee table.

"Flowers. " I huffed, " 15 dozen white roses"

Loura frowned at me "why would yu by 15 dozen roses?"

"Because, your soon to be step sister, has this bullshit hunch that i spray painted her flowers when I didn't. So to make her feel better I bought new ones"

Loura nodded "okay but dont you think she is going to think this is an act of guilt. That you bought new ones cause yu feel bad for fucking up the old ones?"

"Watch ya mouth. And I don't care, my conscience is clear."

Loura started cheesing.
"What?" I frowned my eyebrows.

"I'm just proud of you. Being the bigger person. Even after she stole your woman"

"Stole my wo- loura go put on some shoes" I said rolling my eyes ,

She giggled "iight. JASMINE, LOREN'S BACK!" She screamed before Skipping off towards her room.

I sighed and turned towards the box of flowered, I opened them, letting the flowers breath.

"WHAT ARE THOOOSE!?!?" I heard jasmine scream childishly. I giggled .

"They're flowers , you ass"
She walked up beside me, looking into the boxes

"For what?" She questioned.

"For y'all wedding, Chloe seemed pretty upset about them yesterday, and all though I didn't like her accusing me, I bought new ones."

Jasmine smiled. "Wow Loren , she's going to love them, they are her favorite flowers "

"I assumed so, every woman wants their favorite flower at their wedding"

She looked at me "so you would want Daisy's at your wedding?"

I smiled "never the less, I didn't think you would remember my favorite flower"

"I remember everything about you loren. You are my first love"

My heart warmed a little. "So what does that make Chloe, your second love?" I asked.

She staired at me blankly for a few seconds, before she smiled. "Thanks for the flowers Loren"

"Oh no problem. Think of it as your wedding gift"

She nodded. "Well have fun with the girls" she said before leaving the living room.

I was meeting up with Deja at the mall today, Loura insisted on coming and invited a few of her teammates, Deja planed on taking them to Dav and Busters afterwards.

"LOURA COME ON!" I called out.

"I'm leaving out now...... Yes brah...... Bitch don't walk out her house with that on, I'm wearing that " loura spoke into her phone as she walked out her room.

She had on camp joggers, a red polo T-shirt and white forces. Her hair was out and wild, her hoop earrings peeked through . she looked a lot like jasmine.

"Play with me if you want to Britt....... -laughs-....... Bet niggah bye....... Love you too" she hung up and looked at me.

"Ready?" She asked.