Four

Chapter Four

"Y/N, we got a lead on where the AX400 that was reported last night is, let's go." Hank says, approaching you while you were sat at Hank's, and now yours as well, desk.

Connor, sitting at the desk that was previously yours, stands up along with you.

"Who said you were coming?" Hank asks Connor, still annoyed at him from earlier.

"I apologize, but I intend to help on all cases involving deviants along with the both of you. I will be coming, Lieutenant." Connor says, flatly.

Hank scoffs but offers up no protest, so the three of you get into Hank's car and start on your way to find the runaway AX400.

Upon arriving you were met with Detective Collins, giving you each a debrief on what they know, what they've learned, and where you all could go off of it; and you each started to investigate the area and ask different witnesses questions.

You, Hank, and Connor made your way to the gas station first, based on the thought that this would be the first area to go if you needed anything as a runaway. As well, the clerk was on shift last night and could give a witness account.

After a bit, you and Hank realized that it seemed like a dead end, so you went to go talk with the other witnesses.

"Alright, that's all for now. Free to go." Hank says, releasing the last witness you questioned. He gave you a glance that seemed like he thought this was hopeless. It seemed no one knew what had happened or where the android along with the missing little girl could be, making your job much harder.

Collins turns around and starts talking. "We've got officers sweeping the neighborhood, in case anybody saw anything."

"Okay, well, let me know if they turn up with anything." Hank says, his voice giving away that he was annoyed with the seemingly hopeless situation.

There was a pause. "What are you gonna do with that?" Collins asks, looking towards Connor, who was standing at Hank's car. Hank didn't want him there while you questioned the witnesses, so Connor went into some sort of standby mode.

"I have no idea.." Hank says.

"Well, we'll have him help with each investigation, of course. He's very useful" You say, poking into the conversation.

Your statement was met with silence, and Hank walks over to Connor, who seemed to have just been eavesdropping.

"So, what do we got here?" Hank says, starting to give Connor a quick debrief of all that you knew about the android's placement.

"Bus driver saw it at 2:30, seen at the convenience store.." Hank says, looking at a map of Detroit, trying to map out where the android had been and would go.

"It stole wire cutters. There must be a reason" Connor says.

"Wire cutters? The fuck you talking about?" Hank asks. You had been unaware of this detail as well, the employee from the store never said anything about it.

"I checked the CCTV while you were questioning the clerk. The android was caught on camera stealing them." Connor says back. You loved how he always thought 12 steps ahead in any situation. He really did show the power of technology and all the advancements humanity had been able to make through androids.

"It had wire cutters, and it was looking for a place to hide." Connor continues. He now seemed to be trying to piece things together, his LED yellow.

"So, what's your conclusion, Sherlock?" Hank says.