Ten

Chapter Ten

Since the broadcast of the android's demands, there have been countless news stories on it. The public was shocked, though it seemed most were supportive. The androids were making their message without any casualties, it seemed they were fully peaceful. Though, because it was an android infiltration, and there was a public outcry; you, Hank, and Connor were called into the Stratford Tower to investigate who the androids were and how they did it.

You walk into the elevator behind Hank and Connor. You were to go on floor 79 to investigate, and that was much too far to walk. Connor looks at you and smiles, noticing your hesitation.

"Everything in the elevator is in working order." He says.

You look at him and smile as a thank you. It was cute how he always made sure you and Hank were at ease, and it was nice that he had remembered that about you.

The ride up was silent, though after a good amount of floors had passed, Connor pulls out a quarter from his pocket and starts throwing it around, doing different tricks. You watch, amazed, as he doesn't falter with any of them. Right as you were almost at 79, Hank grabs the coin from Connor.

"You're starting to piss me off with that coin, Connor." Hank says, pocketing the quarter.

"Sorry, Lieutenant." Connor says, though there was a hint of attitude, not as sincere or flat as usual. It was like Connor was starting to act human, now, developing his own personality.

As the elevator door opens, you hand Connor a quarter from your pocket.

"Teach me how to do that later." You say, and smile at him, following Hank out of the elevator. He smiles back at you and looks down at the coin you gave him, before pocketing it and walking out himself.

"Hi, Hank. Hey, Y/N." Officer Chris Miller says. You look around, you were in a hallway, different clumps of people around. Some were SWAT, others were FBI. You didn't realize how big everyone was taking the infiltration until now.

"Shit, what's going on here?" Hank asks, looking at all the people, as well. "There was a party and nobody told me about it?"

"Yeah, it's all over the news, so everybody's butting their nose in.. Even the FBI wants a piece of the action.." Chris responds back.

"Ah, Christ, now we got the Feds on our back.. I knew this was gonna be a shitty day.." Hank says, looking around, you and the officer nod.

"So what do we got?" Hank asks.

"A group of four androids.." Chris starts, and starts walking towards the room at the end of the hall. "They knew the building, and they were very well organized.. I'm still trying to figure out how they got this far without being noticed."

You overhear different conversations from the different groups of people as you walk down the hall, your main focus on the debrief being given to you by Chris. You see Connor walking behind you and Hank as well, looking around at his surroundings, seeming like he was analyzing like always.

"They attacked two guards in the hallway.. They probably thought the androids were coming to do maintenance. They got taken down before they could react.." Chris says.

"It says something that the androids didn't kill them, though." You say, thinking out loud, though it really did say something; to you, at least.

"Yeah.." Hank says, unsure.

"One of the station employees managed to get away. He's in shock, not sure when we'll be able to talk to him.." Chris continues.

"How many people were working here?" Hank asks, looking at the walls in front of the room entrance.