Eight

Chapter Eight

Hank wasn't fit to drive, so you took place in the driver's seat, while Hank sat passenger and Connor in the back.

"Awh.." Hank groans, as you pull up to Eden's Club. "Feels like someone's playing with a drill inside my skull.."

"That's what happens when you drink your bodyweight in whiskey." You say flatly, in an attempt to stay stubborn.

Hank looks at you and you look back at him. "Alright, let's get going." He says as he opens the car door to step outside.

"Jesus.." He says as he hits his head on the car roof. You stifle a chuckle and go out of the car, Connor following.

"Sexiest androids in town.." Hank reads, "Now I know why you insisted on coming here!"

You laugh as Connor continues walking forward, not affected by his comment.

You and Hank walk into the club and Connor stops to look at the androids they have set up at the entrance.

"Connor! The fuck are you doin'?" Hank asks.

"Coming, Lieutenant." He says back, as he walks towards you and Hank.

You walk into the main area and see Detective Collins and a man.

"You're not gonna take my license, are you?" The man, who seems to be the owner, asks Collins. "I mean, heh, I had nothing to do with this!"

"The investigation's ongoing, sir, I can't tell you anything for the moment." The detective says back. "Hey, Hank! Y/N!" He says as you and Hank approach.

"Hey, Ben.. How's it going?" Hank says back.

"It's that room there." Collins says, pointing back to a private room.

"Oh, uh, by the way.. Gavin's in there too." He adds. Working with Detective Reed was hard at times, especially whenever Connor was around. You had no real opinion on Reed, though you've come to a few arguments with him.

"Oh, great! A dead body and an asshole, just what I needed.." Hank complains, and Connor walks up, after taking in his surroundings.

You turn around and enter the room, Hank and Connor following.

Inside, there was Reed and Officer Chris Miller, along with a dead android on the ground near the door and a dead man, who was lying on the bed in the room.

"Lieutenant Anderson and his two plastic pets.." You roll your eyes at what Reed said, though Connor just looked confused. "The fuck are you all doing here?"

"We've been assigned all cases involving androids." Connor answers.

"Oh, yeah? Well you're wasting your time." Reed starts, "Just some pervert who, uh, got more action than he could handle."

He laughs at his own joke, while the rest in the room just stand silent.

"We'll have a look anyway, if you don't mind." Hank says sarcastically.

"Come on, let's go.." Reed says, nodding at Chris for them to leave.

"It's uh.. starting to stink of booze in here." He continues, as he walks by Hank, waving his hand. On passing Connor, he hits his shoulder against Connor's and walks out of the room. You wondered what he would be like if he wasn't such an ass.

"Night, Lieutenant." Chris says, and follows Detective Reed out of the room.

Now that it was just the three of you in the room, you all start on your separate investigations, trying to figure out what happened and how to help and solve deviancy.