Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

As soon as you got home, you looked at the news to see what was happening with the protest, Hank, this time, sitting beside you on the couch.

The androids were just peacefully protesting, though were met with brutality. You watch as camera footage from one of the helicopters above broadcasted the androids fighting for their lives. Suddenly, they were backed into a corner, surrounded by different members of the SWAT. It looked like all their group had left, Markus in the front.

It seemed Connor hadn't made it to where they were yet, this looked like the end.

You watch as time froze, the androids and SWAT standing there, not moving.

Suddenly, Markus reaches back for a female android's hand, both their skin disappearing as they touch. Markus leans in and kisses her, in a showing to the world that androids feel love, and could experience it like anyone.

The SWAT members lower their guns and move away, you could only assume they were all given the go ahead to stand down by someone up above. There, the androids stood, not being attacked anymore.

They won.

.

A small bit later, a message came on the news from the President.

"At dawn today, November 11th 2038, thousands of androids invaded the city of Detroit. According to our sources, they originated from CyberLife warehouses believed to have been infiltrated by deviants. Given their overwhelming numbers and the risk of civilian casualties, I have ordered the army to retreat." She states.

You sigh of relief, and you can see a faint smile on Hank's face.

"The evacuation of the city is underway at this very moment." She continues. "In the coming hours, I will address the Senate to determine our response to this unprecedented situation."

She takes a deep breath before starting. "I know that public opinion has been moved by the deviants' cause. Perhaps the time has come for us to consider the possibility that androids are a new form of intelligent life."

You jump up, cheering. Sumo perks up at your sudden movement, so you lean down to give him a hug, and continue listening to the rest of the president's speech.

"One thing is certain: the events in Detroit have changed the world forever."

"Fuck yeah, they did." Hank says, and smiles.

You look up at Hank and you both smile at each other. Markus did it, Connor did it, every android did it. They won the fight for their freedom.

.

Through the night, some members of the army came to get you and Hank to evacuate from Detroit, though Hank was stubborn on staying put. They allowed it, only because of Hank's higher standing and the evacuation was precautionary. It was obvious the androids didn't want to launch an attack.

You wake up, the morning air feeling fresh. The past days felt unreal, and you were anxious to see Connor again. He was now free to be whoever he wanted to be, and you were overjoyed for him. You were overjoyed for every android that no longer had to be the slaves of humanity.

You walk to the kitchen, wanting to grab some cereal. The clock read 10:56 am. You were never an early riser, though you woke exceptionally late due to the mental drain the past days have had on you.

You see a sticky note on the fridge.

"Gonna go see if Jimmy is still here and has his bar open, need to get my head straight. Probably gonna go have lunch after. If you need me, you know where to find me.