Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

You feel a figure standing over you, so you open your eyes from sleep.

"Wow." He says. "I never thought I'd see a day where I was up before you."

Your eyes focus, and the one in front of you was no other than Hank.

"What time is it?" You ask, sitting up.

"Noon." He says, sitting beside you.

"Noon?" You ask, slightly alarmed.

You turn on the TV quickly to see if there were any more reports on androids and deviants.

"There's a demonstration type thing going on downtown, other than that, no word." Hank says, knowing what you were worried about.

"Have there been any attacks on them?" You ask.

"No, seems like the FBI finally put their tails between their legs." He says, leaning back into the couch.

"That's good.." You say.

There was a few minutes of silence, neither of you knowing what to do.

"You should eat.. I know you're worried and all, but.. Connor's fine. He's probably just hanging out in the shadows right now." Hank says.

You nod and get up to grab cereal from the kitchen. You notice another empty bottle of liquor that hadn't been there yesterday. Hank was just as worried as you, he just had other ways of dealing with it.

"How much liquor is in that coffee?" You ask Hank, pointing towards the mug he was holding.

"Only a shot or two.. At least I'm eating and drinking." Hank says back.

"I grabbed cereal, didn't I?" You say back.

The day continued like the others had, you checking on the news at any point that you could while Hank lingered around.

.

After sitting through another boring story of some school that was being built, you sigh and turn off the TV again, looking up at the ceiling.

You hear some knocks on the door and perk up. Hank convinced you to finally get up and shower earlier, so you felt comfortable answering the door, hair still damp.

You answer the door and your heart drops, with confusement, relief, and disappointment.

"Connor?" You say, unsure what to think or how to feel. What did this mean? Was he working with Markus or not? He still wore his uniform that he wore at the station, so he was hardly in hiding.

"Connor?" Hank asks you, also confused, as he walks out of the kitchen.

He stops when he sees Connor at the door, a small, hidden, smile coming across his face.

"Y/N, Lieutenant." Connor says, smiling at the both of you.

You hug him, happy to know that he was safe, though it was quickly dissipated.

"Are you still working with CyberLife or the FBI or whatever?" You ask, unsure of who was still in charge of the whole case.

"I am, it's what I had been programmed to do." He says, looking at you. Something felt off, though you didn't know what.

"Though.." He says, "CyberLife wanted witness accounts for my actions, they might let me continue function in the case if they could get your report on me." Connor says.

You look at him. It was undeniable that it was Connor, but you still felt confused. Though, you brush it off. It must've been not seeing him for a while.