06

Veryan, with a racing head and heart, went back to the table prepared to speak with Sam about what to do next, when out of the corner of his eye he saw Frodo. He was being pushed against the wall by the Ranger, and then quickly pushed upstairs.

Veryan glared at this. He quickly told Sam he was going to the bathroom and to keep Merry and Pippin from speaking anything further about the Baggins. Sam agreed at Veryan quickly ran upstairs. 

As quietly as he managed he crept up the last few steps. He listened in for any sort of talking, and heard some from the far end of the hallway. He quietly walked twords it, avoiding any floor boards that looked like they could creak, and when he reached the door he leaned in to listen. 

He definitely heard Frodo's voice. The Ranger's too. They weren't as quite as they were supposed to be too.

~~~~~~~~~~

The Ranger had now fully taken off his hood. He was a middle aged man. Shoulder length greasy brown hair along side a scruffy beard were his most prominent features. His eyes were a stormy grey.

He was just about to keep speaking with Frodo, when the door busted open, a blade coming his way. Strider was just able to pull his blade out and stop Veryan's blade from slicing his cheek open.

Strider now stood in front of the shorter male, a fierce glare in the other's eyes. Then in the room burst the other four Hobbits, all having some kind of object in hand. "Let him go! Or I'll have you, Longshanks" Sam told the Ranger.

Strider looked at the Hobbit, and then at Veryan. The two toned male kept on glaring, but when he saw that the man had to malice in his eyes, he decided to put his weapon back, making the male smile in appreciation. He lowered his weapon as well.

Strider then looked back at Sam. "You have a stout heart, little Hobbit. But that will not save you"

He then turned to look back at Veryan, and expecting look on his face. Veryan glared at the man, but did as he wanted. He took down his hood, and crossed his arm. "You know, it would be easier to find you if you weren't that hidden"

Strider smirked "What would be the fun of that?"

Veryan huffed, but smirked himself. Strider then went over to Frodo. "You can no longer wait for the Wizard, Frodo. They're coming"

~~~~~~~~~~

They've waited till nighttime. That was when the Knight's finally arrived. They were all in Strider's room, having a clear look at the Hobbit one.

"So, you're saying this Legolas guy was supposed to be looking for me?" Strider asked Veryan from his place leaning against the window.

Veryan nodded, his arms crossed and his hood back up. "He did. I'm guessing he never reached you"

Strider chuckled, shaking his head. "I'm pretty sure I would of remembered a blond Elf"

Veryan looked up and smiled at Strider. He wasn't all that bad of a man to be around. Now he could brag to Legolas when the two of them met that he found Strider first.

A ruckus from across them brought their attention to the window. They could see shadows moving in the Hobbit room, most likely the Knight's.

"What are they?" Frodo asked. He, as well as the rest now sat straight, looking at Veryan and Strider.

"They were once men. Great kings of men. Then Sauron the Deceiver gave to them nine rings of power. Blinded by their greed, they took them without question. One by one, falling into darkness. Now they are slaves to his will. They are the Nazgul" Strider explained, looking between the window and Hobbits.