21

At the first sight of sun rays the group packed up camp and began to move again. Aragorn walked by Eowyn's side, answering her question of the women who gave him the beautiful jewel he carried. 

As the two of them were done talking two of Theoden's men rode past them, and then past Veryan and Legolas. The couple were standing ways away from the group, Legolas having a weary expression on his face as Veryan looked around, his own heart weighing heavy.

One of the men's horse's stopped, neighing and backing away as if not wanting to go further. "What is it? Hama?" the other man asked.

"I'm not sure" the first one answered, looking around with a weary eye. From above them stood a Warg, a rider on top of it. The men screeched in fright as the Warg came their way, knocking one of them over before walking over and chomping down on ones head, decapitating the man.

The rest of the group heard the commotion, but Veryan and Legolas were the ones to go and help first. Legolas, whilst running, shot an arrow at the Orc on top of the Warg. When it fell over Veryan jutted his hand out and blew the Warg up just as Legolas sliced the Orc's throat open. 

"A scout!" Legolas called out to the rest, pushing the dead Orc back onto the ground.

Aragorn heard this, and began to run back to get his horse. Theoden rode up to the panicking man. "What is it? What do you see?"

"Warg! We're under attack!" Aragorn called back to the King, finally making it to his horse.

"Get them out of here!" He called again as the people started to panic, their calm line now becoming all over the place.

"All riders to the head of the column" Theoden called to his men, turning his horse around to ride up to his niece. 

Legolas and Veryan ran up onto a hill, watching in horror as more and more Warg's rode in. Veryan huffed and glared at one of them, blowing up the ground beneath it making it stumble in it's way, making the rest of the other's slow down just a bit. "Does anything happen quietly around here?" he grumbled, not expecting a reply.

As Eowyn was helping her own horse calm down Theoden made it to her side. "You must lead the people to Helm's Deep, and make haste"

"I can fight" She tried to tell her uncle, but he wasn't listening. "No! You must do this, for me"

When no other word left his niece's mouth he took it as a sign she excepted. He turned his horse around, and began to ride out. "Follow me!"

The riders with horses rode after Theoden, Gimli having some trouble at first. Legolas and Veryan did their best to kill as many Warg's as possible, Legolas shooting the riders before Veryan blew up the Warg's. After some time the riders finally reached them. Veryan quickly maneuvered his body onto the first free horse he saw, which just so happened to be Bathriel, and Legolas joined Gimli on his white horse. 

As the riders drew closer to the oncoming Warg's they pulled their swords out, Veryan using his magic to keep him on Bathriel, who was already trying to not move as much so Veryan wouldn't fall, and with his right hand holding his jet black sword with the other he began to blast away the Warg's.

And finally the two groups collided. Veryan used his sword to kill of the Orc's before blowing up the Warg's, but as more and more came at him, he had to lower his left hand, using it instead to put a protective shield around Bathriel as he swung his sword around. He couldn't in particular blow up the Warg's anymore, but his sword was powerful and long enough to kill them off along side their rider's. 

He also tried to keep his eye on his own group. He saw as Theoden's men died all around him, but as far as he could see Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli were doing just fine. He rode next to Legolas as he watched Gimli ready to kill a Warg, but Legolas shot it first.