24

The two lovers quickly pulled Aragorn and Gimli safely up onto the wall, and were soon ordered to fall back. They watched as every soldier fell back, some getting killed in the process. 

They made it back inside of the castle, and barricaded the door to the best of their abilities in that situation. 

"It is over" Theoden simply told Aragorn as the man ran up to him. "You said this fortress would never fall while your men defend it" he angrily shot back as he helped Legolas pick up a wooden bench, Veryan quickly coming to his lovers aid so Aragorn could keep talking to Theoden. "They still defend it. They have died defending it"

Theoden didn't say anything. So Aragorn kept on speaking. "Is there no other way for the women and children to get out of the caves?" when Theoden didn't speak, Aragorn asked louder. "Is there no other way?"

Instead of Theoden, Gamling, his right hand man, spoke for him. "There is one passage. It leads into the mountains. But they will not get far. The Uruk-hai are too many"

Aragorn placed a hand on Gamling's shoulder just as there was another push to the door. "Tell the women and children to make for the mountain pass. And barricade the entrances!"

"So much death" Theoden spoke up, grabbing Aragorn's and Gamling's attention. "What can Men do against such reckless hate?"

Another push to the door. Aragorn thought for a second, before looking up at Theoden. "Ride out with me. Ride out and meet them"

"For death and glory" Theoden spoke with anger lacing his voice. "For Rohan. For your people"

Gimli, having been unable to help due to his size, smiled up at the window. "The sun is rising"

This made Aragorn looked twords the window as well, remembering what Gandalf had told him. The male then looked back down at Theoden, the King looking less comprehensive. "Yes...Yes. The horn of Helm Hammerhand shall sound in the Deep one last time"

Another push came to the door, making everyone back away from it. Veryan and Legolas quickly got on top of their horses, the raven head having his sword drawn once again. He casts yet another protection charm around Bathriel as the horn of the Deep blew and the doors were knocked down.

"Forth Eorlingas!" Theoden yelled to his men, his sword drawn. The group of horsed men road out of the hall they were stuck in, killing Uruk-hai in their way. Bathriel road through the Orcs without much fear, knocking some over as Veryan swung down at them, killing each and every Orc he laid eyes on.

They pushed through the Uruk-hai that occupied the stone bridge. But even they stopped as a bright line shone down from up top a hill. All of them looked up, and the Orcs stopped attacking just as a relieved chuckle came from Veryan. There, on that hill, stood Gandalf. And beside him was Eomer, the same man the group had come across what seemed oh so long ago. 

With a shout from Eomer all of them began to descend down the hill. The Uruk-hai roared, their attention now focused on the new group of people. A bright light that came from Gandalf blinded them enough so that the riders of Rohan could hit first, getting an upper hand. Veryan cheered and as Bathriel neighed the two of them road in to help the others, the small group from before following soon after. Being beaten and outnumbered the Uruk-hai began to retreat, running for the forest. 

"Keep away from the trees!" Eomer shouted to all of them as he road past, stopping the horses, and the riders, from moving any further. They just stood in place as they watched the Uruk-hai going deeper into the forest. But they couldn't make it any further. Their shouting and screaming could be heard as the tree's, the Ents, began to rumble. Not a lot of things were left to the imagination as the screaming and shouting soon came to an end.