08

"Where am I?" Frodo mumbled when he finally got his consciousness back.

Veryan sighed in relief. He sat on Frodo's bed, and right beside him on a chair sat Gandalf, smoking his pipe. "You are in the house of Elrond. And it is 10:00 in the morning on October 24th, if you want to know"

Frodo finally opened his eyes up, and quickly spotted the two figures. "Veryan, Gandalf"

Veryan smiled and waved whilst Gandalf spoke. "Yes, I'm here"

"And you are lucky you are here too. A few more hours and you would have been beyond our aid" Veryan told the Hobbit as Frodo placed his hand on his left shoulder, where the wound was.

"That is true, but you have some strength in you, my dear Hobbit" Gandalf told Frodo, smiling down at him.

Veryan saw the Hobbit trying to sit, so he leaned forward and helped the Hobbit into a sitting position. The two toned male did lean back, but kept his magic around Frodo so he could keep sitting. Frodo looked twords the two Wizards. "Gandalf, what happened? Why didn't you meet us?"

The Grey Wizard looked down for a second, before looking back up at Frodo. "I'm sorry, Frodo" then, he smiled. "I was delayed"

The Wizard was now fully done speaking. He just spaced out, which started to worry Frodo. "Gandalf? What is it?"

Gandalf quickly snapped back, smiling down at the Hobbit. "Nothing, Frodo"

Veryan placed a gentle hand on Gandalf's, concern in his eyes as Gandalf looked at him. But the Grey Wizard only smiled back at him, patting his hand with the other one.

"Frodo!" a shout came from the other side of the door. Sam's voice.

Veryan turned just in time to see Sam running to Frodo's side, pure joy in his eyes. "Bless you, you're awake!"

"Sam has hardly left your side" Gandalf told Frodo with a smile. Veryan squinted at the situation. This seemed strangely familiar to him. Oh well.

"We were that worried about you. Weren't we, Mr. Gandalf? Mr. Veryan?" Sam told Frodo before he turned to look at the two Wizards.

Veryan smiled and nodded. He looked at Frodo. "By the skills of Lord Elrond, you're beginning to mend". With a bright smile still present on his face he looked up, Elrond walking up right behind Gandalf, smiling down at Frodo.

"Welcome to Rivendell, Frodo Baggins"

Frodo smiled up at Elrond too.

~~~~~~~~~~

Veryan, Gandalf and Elrond soon left Sam and Frodo alone. Frodo still had to eat and dress himself. So whilst Elrond and Gandalf disappeared to talk about their own matters, Veryan made his way to where Merry and Pippin were waiting. 

He greeted them and walked to sit on a bench, right beside's an old friend. "Hello there, Bilbo"

Bilbo looked up from his book, smiling dearly at Veryan. "Hello, my dear Veryan"

"Veryan. It is great to see you my friend" another voice spoke. Veryan looked up and couldn't help but smile at the Dwarven King.

"You're still alive. That is a surprise" the two toned male joked as he got up and engulfed Thorin in a tight hug, getting one in return.

The two of them went to sit back down. Veryan sat on Bilbo's left, and Thorin took a seat on the Hobbits left, grabbing Bilbo's hand in his, their golden rings shining in the sun rays.

"So, how are you two?" the Heterochromia male asked as he crossed his legs on top of the bench.

Bilbo smiled and squeezed Thorin's hand even tighter "We're doing quite well. Rivendell is a perfect place to rest"