15

The very next morning everyone changed from their sleeping wear and now stood on the border's of the woods. Elven people from Caras Galadhon stood in front of each one of the Fellowship members, accompanied by Hadir and Celeborn. 

First all of them were given dark green cloaks. Veryan did have to change his black cloak for it, but he didn't regret it. And then the Elves tied the cloak together with a broach. The broach was a sideways leaf, silver lines going all around it, framing it.

"Never before have we clad strangers in the garb of our own people. May these cloaks help shield you from unfriendly eyes" Celeborn spoke to them all, meeting each and everyone of their eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~

Legolas picked up two neatly packed cases and put them on the boat where Merry and Pippin sat. The Elven prince picked up yet another one, and pulled out a piece of rectangular bread out of it. He showed it to the Hobbit best friends. "Lembas. Elvish waybread" he then took the smallest bite out of it. "One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man"

The Hobbits nodded in understanding, and as soon as the Elven Prince was far away Merry leaned in closer to Pippin. "How many did you eat?"

"Four" Pippin answered truthfully. Merry nodded in understanding right before Pippin belched. Veryan snorted from his position beside the boat.

It wasn't long before everything was packed for the journey waiting up ahead. Everyone separated into three boat's. Veryan, Legolas and Gimli. Aragorn, Frodo and Sam. And then finally Boromir, Pippin and Merry.

They didn't leave without any sort of gifts too. Galadriel was kind enough to gift them each something valuable.

Legolas had been gifted the bow of the Galadhrim. Worthy of the skill of their woodland kin.

Veryan got a black as night sword, not longer than his leg and decorated with vines made of iron. The sword was light as a feather and sharp as steel. It was used by a sorcerer long ago, so it could store Veryan's magic too. It was sad to say, but he did find it more useful then his twin sided blade, so he left the weapon behind.

Merry and Pippin got the daggers of the Noldorin, who have already seen service in war.

Sam got Elven rope made of hithlain, which he wasn't very happy about, but he still took it.

Aragorn didn't need to be given anything, for the gift of Arwen was enough.

Frodo got the light of Earendil, their most beloved star. 

And Gimli, well...

"I have taken my worst wound at this parting, having looked my last upon that which is fairest. Henceforth I will call nothing fair unless it be her gift to me" Gimli spoke with adoration in his voice.

A soft smile placed itself on Veryan's face. "And what was her gift?"

"I asked her for one hair from her golden head. She gave me three" Gimli spoke, a softness in his voice no one had heard yet.

Veryan couldn't help but smile at this. He turned back at Legolas, seeing the same exact smile. The two of them quickly glanced at their own hair braided into their partners before Veryan turned back around and helped Legolas move the boat along with his own paddle.

~~~~~~~~~~

They traveled a long way. From the river they've started at now to an open river, which sides were surrounded by the woods. They've traveled all through out the day. But it started to feel weird for Veryan. He didn't know if this was because hes been on water for the whole day, or if someone was watching him. Nevertheless, he didn't say anything, chucking it up to the water after all.