23

The group maneuvered around all of the townspeople, ending up in front of an army of Elves, being lead my Haldir.

Aragorn was the first to descend a quick flight of stairs, muttering something Elvish before going to hug the older Elf. A relieved chuckle came from Veryan as he too came to Aragorn's side, patting Haldir on the shoulder. 

"You are most welcome" Aragorn told the blond Elf, smiling.

Legolas too walked up to Haldir, happily shaking his hand before the latter turned to Theoden, his men getting into position before the King. "We are proud to fight alongside Men once more"

~~~~~~~~~~

The time for rest was over. Elves and Men stood side by side on top of the stone walls of Helm's Deep. They stood in pretty much silence, all up until the point marching footsteps could be heard in the distance. 

Legolas, Gimli and Veryan stood all together. Veryan leaned on the stone wall in front of himself, Legolas held his bow against his chest, and Gimli, well, he was struggling a bit.

"You two could of picked a better spot" Gimli grumbled, making Veryan and Legolas smile in amusement.

Aragorn swiftly walked up to the three men group, standing behind Legolas. Gimli looked up at the brown haired man. "Well, lad, whatever luck you live by, let's hope it lasts the night"

Thunder was heard all around them as the army marched closer and closer. Veryan pushed off of the wall, taking his bow off of his back and holding it in one of his hands. 

"Your friends are with you, Aragorn" Legolas told the other. Gimli decided to speak too. "Let's hope they last the night"

Aragorn patted Legolas's shoulder as he walked away, thunder rolling around once again. It began to rain, matching the situation they were in. Veryan breathed in as he moved his hand to throw his hood over his head, feeling more comfortable that way.

The marching of the army soon stopped with a loud roar of the leader, standing mere feet in front of the stone wall of Helm's Deep. Gimli tried to jump up and see the scene in front of everyone. "What's happening out there?"

Without looking down at him Legolas smirked. "Shall I describe it to you?" then he looked down at Gimli. "Or would you like me to find you a box?"

Veryan snorted from his position next to the Elven Prince, lightly hitting his side. Gimli didn't say anything for a bit, before he too had to chuckle, finding it amusing that Legolas could joke in a time like this.

The Uruk leader let out a battle cry, making the army start moving, roaring up at them. The archers readied their bows, so did Veryan and Legolas. Gimli once again struggled to see what was happening. An old man from the croud accidentally let go of his drawn arrow, hitting a Uruk-hai straight in the neck, killing it. 

The Uruk didn't particularly appreciate that, and with one last loud roar from the leader, the army began to run at them. 

"Their armor is weak at the neck and beneath the arm" Legolas spoke to the Elves around himself, yet his words were mostly for Veryan.

Veryan took in one last breath, and with a shout from Aragorn to release fire, they shot. "Did they hit anything?" Gimli questioned the males close to himself, as he still couldn't see anything.

"Yeah sure" Veryan told the other as he quickly pulled out another arrow, and with his magic he shot, hitting one of the Uruk-hai in the neck, the arrow then exploded and killed a Uruk that was close enough.

"Send them to me! Come on!" Gimli encouraged as the arrows just kept coming. It wasn't long before the Uruk-hai began to fire back, hitting Elves and Men alike. Not long after ladders were placed all around the wall, Uruk-hai beginning to climb it. Aragorn shouted the same, Gimli getting excited about killing something.