Epilogue

Five years have passed now. Life for Veryan was peaceful. Him and Legolas finally finished their lovely home. A flower field surrounded their home which rested on the shores of a lake that leads to a waterfall not too far from them. They've settled in pretty quickly as well. Veryan didn't have to use his magic as much, and Legolas's bow was kept safe in storage. Veryan, after a long time, finally made the man give up his bow because it wasn't needed. They didn't hunt any animal, Legolas made sure of that himself.

Beside's Bathriel and Arod, the pair have decided to also keep a two tailed cat. Found the poor kitten stuck beneath the wood on the shores. They saved the kitten, nursed it back to health, and grew attached. They called the kitten Snow because of her snow white fur, even her eyes were an icy blue.

The pair of them have also decided to do what they wanted to do such a long time ago...

"No, Aspen! That is not what Merlin did!" A young Elven girl argued to the boy in front of her. She was pretty young, around 10 years old. She had bright ginger hair, and her pale skin was adored with light freckles. Her eyes shone a dark brown, having had some dark green in them too.

"But Aerin, you told me so yourself" the boy argued back at her, his tone less energetic than the girls. He was exactly 7 years old. He was pretty tan, his hair a midnight black and his hair a pretty blue. 

The door to their shared room opened, and in walked Veryan. He was now way paler than he was back in the years, but you couldn't call him outright pale. His hair had gotten longer, reaching his shoulder's. As Legolas, he didn't feel like cutting it, so he usually kept it in a pony tail, Legolas's hair still braided into his own. His battle attire now was replaced for simple pants, a dark shirt, and a short corset that went from his hips to just below his chest. 

Aerin pointed to her adoptive brother. You heard me right. Veryan and Legolas, upon finishing their home, have decided that it was time to adopt the kids they have always wanted. Aerin they actually adopted in an Elven orphanage. She had a fiery and energetic personality that stood out to Veryan, and upon speaking to the girl he knew that she was the one. Aspen on the other hand was not from an orphanage. The poor boy came knocking on their door one afternoon, telling them that he had gotten lost. They tried to help him find his parents, but soon found that the pair left the boy behind on purpose, so they gave him an offering. To become their son and come live with them. The boy was pretty quick to agree, getting attached to Legolas through out the journey.

"Aerin, what is all of this shouting about?" Veryan asked calmly as he crossed his arms.

The girl pointed a finger at her brother "Aspen here thought that Merlin killed Mordred, which he didn't!" "Because you told me so" Aspen calmly replied to his dad, looking as calm as ever.

Veryan sighed as he walked up to Aerin, lowering her arm "Pointing at people is rude, Aerin"

The red head huffed and crossed her arms as Veryan sat on her bed. Aspen crossed his legs as he leaned forward "Papa?". Veryan raised his head to look at the raven head "Yes, my dear?"

"Can you tell us how you and dad met?" Veryan chuckled at the boys answer. Aerin gasped and started to bounce on her bed, grabbing onto Veryan's arm, lightly shaking him. "Yes, papa. Please do!"

"Alright, alright. Settle down Aerin dear" the girl quickly calmed down. She slid underneath her covers, covering herself up until only her head wasn't covered. Veryan then looked twords Aspen and saw the boy under the covers as well, laying on his side looking at Veryan. "Now, I think you've heard that story enough. What about I tell you how me and your dad got married? That's a new one"

The kids quickly agreed, just wanting to hear more of their parent's relationship. Veryan sighed, he got comfortable, leaning against one of the poles of Aerin's bed. "It was a warm evening. The sun was shining, and the birds were chirping...