09

The next morning all of them were asked to meet up in one place. Now they were sat in chairs forming a circle. In front of them stood Elrond, and beside's his chair sat Arwen in her own.

Veryan did want to go sit with Legolas, but he chose to sit next to Frodo, to calm the Hobbit down if anything went...wrong.

"Strangers from distant lands, friends of old, you've been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor. Middle-Earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite, or you will fall. Each race is bound to this fate, this one doom"

Elrond then looked Frodo's way. "Bring forth the Ring, Frodo"

Veryan placed a gentle hand on the Hobbit's shoulder. Frodo looked up at him, and Veryan smiled, gesturing twords the pillar in the middle of the circle. Frodo breathed in and stood up. He slowly walked up to the pillar, and placed the Ring on top of it.

"So it is true" Boromir, the Human of the group spoke, leaning on one of his hands as he gazed at the Ring.

Frodo sighed as he sat down. Veryan grabbed his hand, smiling down at him. His smile soon dropped however when Boromir raised up from his seat, his gaze still on the Ring. "In a dream, I saw the eastern sky grow dark, but in the West a pale light lingered" he kept walking closer to the Ring, which Frodo and Veryan didn't like. "A voice was crying: Your doom is near at hand. Isildur's Bane is found"

Veryan glared at the Human and abruptly stood out of his seat just as Elrond did. He extended his hand tword's Boromir's arm, a light of purple raping itself around it, startling the male. He looked twords Veryan, who's glare could make a grown man cry in his sleep. But Boromir wasn't afraid of how Veryan looked at him, no, he felt something quiet different. Something he couldn't entirely explain.

Veryan saw Boromir just staring at him, but he didn't utter a word. No. It was Gandalf who stood from his place, speaking the words he shouldn't have. "One ring to rule them all! One ring to find them! One ring to bring them all! And in the darkness bind them!"

With each word Gandalf spoke Veryan pushed Boromir back, until the man himself moved backward's and dropped back into his chair. Whilst Gandalf spoke everyone clutched their head's. Finally the dark aura disappeared from Gandalf, and Veryan could finally sit back down as Gandalf still stood.

"Never before has any voice uttered the words of that tounge here in Imladris" Elrond told Gandalf, a bit mad telling by his tone of voice.

"I do not ask your pardon, Master Elrond, for the black speech of Mordor may yet be heard in every corner of the West! The Ring is all together evil"

"It is a gift" Boromir spoke back, making Gandalf turn his way. The Human stood from his place "A gift to the foes of Mordor. Why not use this Ring? Long has my father, the Steward of Gondor, kept the forces of Mordor at bay. By the blood of our people are your lands kept safe. Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy. Let us use it against him"

Veryan glared his direction, making Boromir look his way. "No one is putting this Ring on. None can wield it. Especially not the mind of a Human"

Boromir glared his way, but didn't speak further. Strider spoke this time. "The Ring answers to Sauron and Sauron alone. It has no other master"

"And what would a Ranger know of this matter?" Boromir all but rudely spoke to Strider.

Veryan and Legolas jumped out of their seats. They quickly glanced at each other, before Legolas spoke. "This is no mere Ranger"

Veryan continued for him. "He is Aragorn, son of Arathorn" the magic user quickly looked Aragorn's way, smirking, before he turned to Boromir once again "You owe him your allegiance"