13

Sam was the the very first one out of everyone beside's Aragorn to run up to the struggling Frodo.

"He's alive" he all but spoke out of relief. 

Everyone, as if on cue, relaxed their tense muscles. With the help of the blond Hobbit Frodo got into a sitting position. "I'm all right. I'm not hurt" 

"You should be dead. The spear would have skewered a wild boar" Aragorn spoke under his breath, still trying to grasp the fact that Frodo was alive.

"I think there's more to this Hobbit than meets the eye" Gandalf spoke knowingly. Frodo then looked down, and pulled his shirt open, revealing the armor Bilbo had given him.

"Mithril" Gimli spoke, amazement lacing his tone. A smile then broke out on his face. "You are full of surprises, Master Baggins"

Veryan chuckled, and that made him realize that he himself wasn't all that fine. A dry cough replaced his chuckling, and that got everyone's attention. Legolas didn't dare lower the raven head. Instead he tightened his hold on the other.

"Are you okay? Where are you hurt?" Legolas spewed question after question.

With the help of Sam and Aragorn, Frodo got back onto his feet. He walked up to the young Wizard just as the other answered. "I'm going to be alright. Just a moment longer and my healing factor will be finished"

When Legolas saw the Hobbit approaching he willingly kneeled down, his grip never ceasing on Veryan. Frodo was now face to face with the two toned man. He gently reached his hand out and placed it on Veryan's shoulder. "Thank you, Veryan, for doing your best to save me. I'm really sorry you got hurt." Veryan could only smile and shake his head. 

"Frodo, my dear friend. You should know-"

With one swift move Veryan maneuvered out of his Prince's arms. His posture was once again stable, his breathing gone back to normal, and the paleness that started to appear had now hidden once again.

"I don't give up that easily"

Frodo chuckled up at Veryan. Legolas got up from his kneeling position and turned his head to Veryan, kissing his forehead. He then leaned in closer, whispering into his ear. "You've got me worried there, dear. I've seen you on death's door once, I do not wish to see you like that again"

Veryan shook his head, and with the most loving eyes turned to Legolas. His mouth moved to open, but he quickly shut it back up when screeching could be heard from the big hall's of the Dwarven city. 

"To the Bridge of Khazad-dum!" Gandalf ordered them, and without any further questions they followed Gandalf out of the room they were in. 

It was as if Orcs were everywhere. Probably because they were. They came from every direction, and they just got lucky they avoided attacking them from the front. They picked up their pace as soon as Orcs started to climb down from the ceiling. Soon they were surrounded by them. Everywhere you looked you could see Orcs, it didn't look good for them.

Veryan looked at the Orcs surrounding them, his eyes beginning to glow purple, but as soon as his powers showed themselves they disappeared once again when a fiery light came from one of the hall's. Whatever had made that light appear, it scared the Orcs. Quickly all of them retreated, climbing up the walls and pillars they once climbed down. The Fellowship were once again left alone.

"What is this new devilry?" Boromir asked Gandalf as everyone just stared at the light.

Gandalf didn't answer immediately however. He closed his eyes, and focused on the sound as well as the being. He opened his eyes back up. "A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world. This foe is beyond any of you" he replied as he threw one single glance at Veryan.