14

It wasn't long before Legolas, Veryan and Gimli got everyone back on their feet. Aragorn took to leading them.

They firstly passed through a rocky road. The road was surrounded by body's of water, and was also covered with snow and dead bushes. Then they passed that area, and jogged through out the grass covered plains, ending up in the woods. They stopped jogging and took to walking through the area, Aragorn still taking the front.

Gimli gripped his axe harder as he turned his head to look at the Hobbits. "Stay close, young Hobbits! They say that a great sorceress lives in these woods. An Elf Witch of terrible power. All who look upon her fall under her spell, and are never seen again"

Veryan could only roll his eyes at Gimli's 'well spoken' words. If he didn't know any better, he would say the Dwarf was scared. But he decided not to speak out as Gimli continued. 

"Well, there's one Dwarf she won't ensnare so easily. I have the eyes of a hawk and the ears of a fox-"

He quickly stopped his rambling, and his walking, when an arrow pointed right into his face. Soon the group were surrounded by, well, what Veryan could see, Elves.

"You were saying?" he raised his eyebrow at Gimli, an arrow pointed straight at his head.

"The Dwarf breaths so loud, we could of shot him in the dark" A smooth voice came from the front. In front of Aragorn walked an Elf. His voice was sly but strong, and he himself was well built, but not big. At least this man didn't want them killed.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Welcome, son of Thranduil" the man then turned to Veryan, who was standing right by the Elven prince. "And welcome, brother of Mirani." To the both of them he extended his hand in a traditional Elven greeting.

Veryan and Legolas did the same as the Prince spoke. "Our Fellowship stands in your debt"

The man in front of them smiled, then turned his gaze to Aragorn. "Ah, Aragorn of the Dunedain. You are know to us" he repeated the same gesture he gave to the other pair.

"Hadir" Aragorn greeted in turn, copying the Elven mans actions.

"So much for the legendary courtesy of the Elves! Speak words we can all understand!" Gimli finally spoke his own, frustrated he couldn't understand a word the other's spoke.

Hadir looked down at Gimli, and finally spoke English. "We have not had dealings with the Dwarves since the Dark Days"

"And you know what this Dwarf says to that?" Gimli glared up at Hadir before he began speaking Dwarvish. "I spit upon your grave!"

Oh but Hadir understood what he said. Veryan quickly slapped his hand against his face as Aragorn leaned down to Gimli's height, his grip on the Dwarf's shoulder tightening. "That was not so courteous"

When Aragorn stood back up Hadir walked to his side, and one look at Frodo made him lean in closer to the other male. "You bring great evil with you. You can go no further"

~~~~~~~~~~

Veryan and Legolas were the only ones who could understand the argument between Aragorn and Hadir, but they decided not to intervene. 

The young Wizard did feel like something in particular was bothering his lover. He looked up at Legolas, and gently placed his hand on his chest, right where he could feel the heartbeat. "What is it, Legolas? I can sense that you are troubled"

Legolas slowly shook his head, and placed his hand on top of Veryan's. "It is nothing for you to worry about. It is not me in worried about"

Veryan frowned at this. "If your still concerned for me than don't be. I might not look it, but im gradually excepting the fact that Gandalf's gone. Besides-" he leaned in and placed his head against Legolas's chest, feeling the older put his head on his. "Having you here is helping me greatly"