Chapter 4

It was morning, and Amy was dead, among others, but Rory liked Amy. The girl was always so kind to her.

"She was nice." Rory mumbled as she was slumped against Andrea. Her dad told her to stay away, but she knew the older woman would need all the comfort she could get. She wouldn't let anyone else near her, but apparently Rory Walsh was the acception.

"Yeah, she was." Andrea replied, still staring at her sister, holding Rory a little tighter. The younger girl didn't pity her, so she let her stay. And it was nice to have a hug.

"Rory? Come here please?." Shane asked softly from near the fire pit. Rory sighed a little and gave Andrea one last hug before going over to her father. "What did I say? I told you not to go near her." Shane scolded lightly. He got no response other than a light shrug of the shoulders.

A few minutes later, both Rick and Lori had tried to talk to Andrea, both failing, especially Rick as he got a gun to the face. Thankfully, Andrea didn't pull it.

"Y'all can't be serious." Daryl started as people began to group round the fire pit. "Let that girl hamstring us? The dead girls a time bomb." Rory looked up at the man, she felt a little sad for him after she found out they didn't find his brother.

"What do you suggest?" Rick asked.

"Take the shot." Daryl deadpanned. "Clean, in the brain from here. Hell, I can hit a turkey between the eyes from this distance."

That's all Rory needed to hear before she walked over to Glenn, who gave her a little wave. Daryl then walked over, seemingly have finished his conversation with Rick. He and Morales begin dragging one of the former camp members body's to the fire pit.

"Hey, what are you guys doing?" Glenn stuttered. "This is for geeks. Our people go over there."

"What's the difference? They're all infected."

"Our people go in that row over there." Glenn pointed as his voice quivered. "We don't burn then! We bury them... understand?"

•••

"I say put a pick axe in his head and the dead girls and be done with it." Daryl suggested. Rory wrinkled her nose as she leaned against Rick. Jim had gotten bit from the night before, and they were all trying to figure out what to do about it.

"Is that what you would want if it was you?" Rick asked.

"Yeah, and I'd thank you while you did it." Daryl said plainly.

"I hate to say it. I never thought I would but maybe Daryl's right." Dale suggested.

"Jim's not a monster, Dale, or some rabid dog." Rick stressed.

"I'm not suggesting that-" Dale started, only to be cut off by Rick.

"He's sick. A sick man we go down that road then where do we draw the line?"

"The lines pretty clear. Zero tolerance for walkers or them to be." Daryl insisted.

Rory tuned out as Shane and Rick began talking about a place named Fort Benning. She had heard that place before. She looked up and locked eyes with Daryl, who slowly looked towards Jim. Rory lent off of Rick and nudged him a little. She watched as Daryl made his way backwards slowly all while gripping his pickaxe tighter.

"You go looking for aspirin. Do what you need to do. Someone needs to have some balls and take care of this damn problem!"

"Hey, hey, hey!" Rick and Shane ran after Daryl quickly. Rory tensed up and Lori pulled her into her side.

"We don't kill the living." Rick breathed out while levelling a gun up to Daryl's head.

"That's funny coming from a man who just put a gun to my head." Daryl grunted.