Chapter 40

"All right." Daryl spoke from by the crack in the wall. "Got four of them pricks coming our way."

"You all know what to do." Rick said, getting up from his spot near the other wall. "Go for their eyes first, then their throats."

Rory and Carl stayed alert behind Michonne, the younger of the two armed with her knives. Rick thought it best if she kept them to herself incase she got into danger so that he knew she could keep herself safe.

"Put your backs to the walls on ether side of the car, now." Rory tensed at the words, Eugine coming to stand closer to the girl. Their heads tilted up as they heard footsteps on the roof. They all watched as a flashbang was dropped inside.

"Move!" Abraham yelled, Michonne throwing herself backwards to protect the two kids behind her. Rory and Carl flinched hard at the bang that sounded through the cart, the group choking on the smoke that spread all around.

A few agonising seconds went by and the smoke eventually cleared and Michonne stood up, Carl and Rory following. Carl looked around wildly, eyes widening with fright as his father was nowhere to be seen. Rory begun to worry. Rick, Daryl, Glenn and Bob had been taken.

•••

Carol and Tyreese were walking through the woods, on the way to terminus with Judith. There was a large group of walkers they were hiding from, yet they begun walking to the direction of gunshots, to the direction of Terminus. Carol and Tryeese looked to eachother before walking back up to the tracks once the herd had cleared.

"That gunfire, it could have been from Terminus." Tyreese observed, shifting Judith in his arms.

"Someone was attacking them." Carol theorised. "Or they were attacking someone."

"Do we even wanna find out?" Tyreese asked, causing Carol to stop.

"Yeah." The woman breathed out, looking to the baby in Tyreeses hold. "There's another track due east. It'll get us there. We'll be real careful. We're gonna get answers."

•••

"Alex didn't get it. See, I knew the chick with the sword was bad news. Bitch looked like a weapon with a weapon." The man joked into his walkie-talkie, setting up fireworks to attack the herd away from Terminus. "I told Albert I want the kids hat after they bleed him out. I still don't see why they have to bleed the curly haired girl, it's a damn shame."

His talking was dwindled down to silence as he felt the coldness of a gun press to the back of his head. He held his hands out in surrender.

"Keep your finger off the button and drop it." Carol ordered, holding the man at gunpoint. The radio crackled with a voice again as the man spoke up.

"Listen, y'all don't have to do this. Whatever you want, we got a place where everyone's welcome."

"Shut up, man." Tyreese scoffed.

"Okay."

"We're friends of the chick with the sword and the two kids." Carol told the man. He physically deflated before hanging his head.

"Shit."

•••

Rory toppled over as the cart was shaken with an explosion. Carl helped his friend up before everyone looked to eachother in confusion. After a few small disagreements, Abraham hit the doors to the cart in frustration. "What the hell is going on?"

"Someone hit them." Michonne clarified, checking Rory and Carl over with her eyes.

"Maybe our people got free." Sasha offered, looking to Maggie in hope. Rory watched as Eugine pushed past Sasha and bent down to the floor by the doors to the cart.