Chapter 62

A few days had passed, a few eventful days at that. Rick and some others had gone into the Saviours compound and killed a bunch of their men. Carol and Maggie got kidnapped, but it was okay!

Carol burned them alive and now they were all back in Alexandria.

Most importantly, Rory had introduced Carl and Judith to Henry.

With tensions kind of high, Rory was itching to get outside of the walls, which is why she said yes to Denise when she asked her on a run.

Rory walked with Denise and a very not impressed Rosita to find Daryl. At the thought of Daryl, Rory grinned. The man had gotten his motorcycle back! Once the three made it to him, Denise began just spewing words at the man.

"After I got out if DC, I just drove. I remember seeing it right when I realised I had no idea where I was going. Edison's Apothecary and Boutique. It's just this little gift shop in a strip mall, but if it's really an apothecary, they had drugs."

"How do you know they still got em?" Daryl rasped. Denise looked to Rosita then to Rory who gave her a thumbs up.

"It isn't that far. I just wanna check. Rory wants to go outside, and you and Rosita aren't out scavenging or pulling shifts." Denise defended.

"We'll go." Daryl nodded.

"I wanted to check." Denise pressed with a nod. "I just wanted to help."

"How much time you spend out there?" Daryl asked, gesturing to the walls.

"None."

"Forget it." Daryl denied as Rory puffed out air.

"I can ID the meds." Denise continued. "I know how to use a machete now. I've seen roamers up close. I'm ready."

"You good with this?" Daryl quizzed the other two, mainly Rosita.

"No." Rosita stated at the same time Rory nodded her head.

"I'll go alone if I have to." Denise shrugged.

"You'll die alone." Daryl sighed.

"I'm asking you to make sure I don't. I know Rory will come with me either way."

"She's a kid." Daryl deadpanned.

"I'm not babysitting them by myself." Rosita scoffed, looking to Daryl.

•••

The four had a little bit of an awkward car ride, but Rory sighed in relief when they rolled to a stop. There was a tree in the way of the road. Daryl and Rosita got out of the car as Rory stayed inside with Denise.

"Hey, you good?" Rory asked the older woman. "You look a little..."

"Yeah." Denise hummed as she watched Rosita kill a walker. "I'm good." The woman must have zoned out or something, as she jumped when Rosita opened the door. Rory took that as her queue to scramble out of the vehicle. The girl tossed Daryl his pack before shouldering her own onto her shoulders and tightening it slightly, following the man.

"The truck ain't gonna make it past this tree." Daryl stated the obvious, Rory snickered at the man, causing him to clip her on the back of the head. "Come on, let's walk."

"Hold up." Denise called out, Daryl and Rory stopping in tandem. "Looks like a straight shot if we follow the tracks."

"Hell no." Rory denied instantly, shitting down the idea.

"Yeah, the kids right." Daryl agreed. "No tracks. We'll take the road."

"That's twice as far." Rosita complained.