Chapter 55

Rory was a little worried. Rick and the others, a big group, had headed down to the quarry to run through the plan that would be taking action the next day. They were rehearsing how they were gonna lead away the masses of walkers in the quarry. Rory couldn't help but tap nervously on the table, they should have been back by now.

They had done run-throughs multiple times throughout the time since they found the quarry full of walkers. A whole lot of Alexandrians were helping out and the girl didn't know exactly how to feel about that. Rory still wasn't comfy in Alexandria, she just got better at hiding it.

The girl sighed, bored out of her mind. Rory had spent her early morning with Daryl before he left to the quarry. The man had practically watched her like a hawk in the kitchen, making her eat a bowl of dry cereal, no matter how many times Rory complained about no milk, the man made her eat every last bit.

"You coming?" Carl asked, making Rory jump. She looked to her brother who was securing Judith into her new pram.

"Huh?"

"I'm taking Judith for a walk." Carl explained. "Are you coming?"

"Sure." Carl smiled slightly at Rory. He was worried about his dad too, but he had to be strong for his sisters.

•••

Rory was walking aimlessly next to Carl as he pushed their baby sister in her pram, the two making idle conversation. Rory rolled her eyes as Carl walked slower when he saw Enid hugging Ron. The latter was not in a good place right now, his father had not long been murdered by Rick. Rory thought it was a little funny the way they had both lost their fathers to the man. Even if Pete deserved it.

Surprisingly, she had spoken to Ron about it. Rory didn't anticipate him getting more pissed when he learned Rick had killed her father too.

Rory had gotten angry back, telling Ron at least his father got buried, even if it was out of the walls. It's a good thing he was took outside the walls, Rory thought. If it wasn't for that, Rick and Morgan wouldn't have found the quarry full of walkers.

Ron should have been grateful anyway. Rory's daddy's corpse was probably still rotting on the field of the farm. Probably eaten by walkers. She shuddered at the thought. Carl had stepped in before Ron got physical with his little sister.

She had spent a small amount of time with Morgan. Daryl had brought him back from a run with Aaron, Rory remembered him from back when they were in the prison. She was surprised to see him still alive.

"Hey."

Both kids turned around at the sound of Gabriel's voice. Rory scowled at the man as he fidgeted infront of the two.

"What?" Carl huffed out, impatient as the man didn't answer right away.

"You heard what I told Deanna about your group." Gabriel stated.

"What do you want?" Rory scoffed, fixing her sisters hair as the baby cooed.

"It was about me." Gabriel begun. "Not you or your group. I know that now. I want to help. Carl, you tried to teach me back at my church. But I'm ready to learn now."

"I think you need to tell everybody." Carl nodded.

"Yeah, I think you're right." Gabriel smiled. The man began walking away as Carl spoke up.

"Come by around three. We'll start with the machete." Carl then lightly turned Rory around as they began walking back down the path.

•••

One of the perks of being in a front facing room was that Rory could people watch on the streets of Alexandria through her window. It also meant she could see the pasta making machine obsessed woman from the house across be murdered by a man with a machete... how ironic.