Chapter 39

They were back on foot, walking along the train tracks again. Rick and Michonne took lead, Carl in the middle and Rory and Daryl at the back. "Were they bad to you?" Daryl asked softly, referring to the men.

Rory shook her head, taking a big step to stand on a crunchy leaf. "No. At least I don't think so, not outwardly... I was too scared to sleep near them though, incase they tried to..." the girl trailed off, hands shaking slightly as she rubbed her sore nose. Daryl held the girl to his side, Rory leaning into the touch. She had missed him.

Daryl had explained how he was with Beth, how they got out of the prison together. The man looked a little sick when he found out Rory got out on her own. It was then that Rick had decided to tell her about Judith. The girl had cried into his arms for a while about the news of her baby sister. She could only hope that others survived.

"We're getting close." Daryl spoke, breaking from Rory as they looked to a sign on the floor. "Be there before sundown."

"Now we head through the woods." Rick added on. "We don't know who they are."

"Alright." Daryl agreed. With that, the five of them began making their way through the wooded area. After a few minutes of walking, they approached a fence, looking through it, they saw 'Terminus'.

"We all spread out." Rick instructed quietly. "Watch for a while, see what we see, and get ready. We all stay close."

Carl walked away with Michonne while Rory stuck with Rick and Daryl. Rick dug a deep hole, throwing in a blue duffel bag full of weapons. "Wanna throw that in too?" Rick asked Rory, pointing at her bag. She thought for a minute before shrugging it off her shoulders and stashing it in the hole before Rick began to cover it.

•••

Rick climbed the fence first. Michonne, Carl and Rory following, with Daryl hopping over last. Rory stood by Michonne, pistol in her hand. They began making their way around the building, Rick swinging the door open and walking in first with Daryl, weapons at the ready.

They walked into a large room full of people. Rory thought it was stupid that they didn't notice their arrival. That and the way they had little to no security. That fact alone sent alarm bells ringing in her head.

She stood by Daryl as Rick strode forward to a woman. "Hello... hello." Rick spoke louder, causing everyone to stop and look at them. Rory watched as a man spoke up as he walked towards them.

"Well, I bet Albert is on perimeter watch." The man sighed. "You here to rob us?"

"No." Rick clarified. "We wanted to see you before you saw us."

"Makes sense." The man chuckled. "Usually we do this where the tracks meet." He cleared his throat, holding his arms open. "Welcome to Terminus." His arms dropped as he stood infront of the small group of survivors. "I'm Gareth. Looks like you've been on the road for a good bit."

"We have." Rick nodded. "Rick. That's Rory, Carl, Daryl, Michonne." Rick listed off their names. Gareth waved before speaking again.

"You're nervous. I get it. We were all the same way. We came here for sanctuary." Gareth explained. "That what you're here for?"

"Yes."

"Good. You found it." Gareth said, calling another man over. "Hey, Alex. This isn't as pretty as the front. We got nothing to hide, but the welcome wagon is a whole lot nicer." The other man made it over.

"Alex will take you, ask you a few questions. Uh, but first, we need to see everyone's weapons. If you could just lay them down in front of you." Both Rory and Carl looked to Rick simultaneously. The man crouched down and begun unarming himself. "I'm sure you understand."