Chapter 53

Rory was sat in Judith's room holding the sleeping baby. It had taken a while for the girl to settle, Carol asking Rory to help calm her. Rory rested her head on the wall behind her and closed her eyes.

Carol was making a casserole in the kitchen downstairs to give to Deanna. Rory huffed quietly. The run that the group went on had taken a turn for the worst, Noah had died, Aidan too. Rory felt sad seeing Glenn so distressed when the group had come back, the man was distraught regarding the death of their friend.

Apparently it was Nicholas' fault, and Rory could believe that. On top of the two deaths, Tara had gotten injured, a pretty serious head injury. In a way, Rory was glad she wasn't allowed to go. The girl looked up as the door opened a little.

"I'm just going to drop this off at Deanna's house, okay? ... and you still have to speak to Rick." Carol spoke quietly. Rory hummed in agreement as she held her baby sister tighter.

•••

"Are you okay?" Rory asked Michonne hesitantly as she stood in the doorway, Judith on her hip babbling nonsense. Michonne startled a little, looking over at the two.

"Yeah." She nodded before looking to the cop uniform laid out in her bed. Rory followed her gaze before moving into the room, shutting the creaky door.

"My dad was a cop." Rory blurted out as Michonne's eyes snapped to the child. She knew Rick wasn't her actual father, she knew that. But it was still a little weird for the girl to talk about Shane, after all, Michonne never got to meet him. "He was partners with Rick. That's how I know him. Known him all my life." Rory told her as she sat on the bed next to Michonne, shuffling her sister to sit on her lap. The baby was playing with an old monkey teddy Rory had found for her.

"Do you miss him?" Michonne asked before almost immediately wincing at her words.

"Every day." Rory nodded solemnly. She then looked to her sister and chewed her lip. "I don't think that Jude is R-" Rory was cut off by a knock at the door. Both Michonne and Ivory looked to the now opening door as Rosita stepped in.

"Hey." Rosita greeted the two.

"How is she?" Michonne asked quickly, Rory looked to Rosita for an answer, they were talking about Tara. She missed the furrow in Michonnes brow as she looked at the child beside her.

"Stable." Rosita nodded. "Hanging on. I'm gonna go back there later... I think Sasha might have spent the night in the tower." Rory frowned as she looked to Judith, the baby pulling at her shirt and pointing to the floor. Rory puffed her cheeks as she leant down to retrieve the fallen monkey off of the floor.

"Is she still up there?" Michonne worried.

"Abrahams on watch now, but she hasn't been back and nobody's seen her." Rosita informed. Michonne shot up, Rory following suit.

"You stay here." Michonne ordered the girl softly. Rory groaned in irritation. Why did she always have to stay.

Not long after, Carol came through the front door, smiling at the sight of Rory trying to teach Judith to talk. The girl giggling at her sisters babbling. She remembered back at the prison when Rory wouldn't even look at the baby, now she was teaching her to talk.

•••

Ivory growled in frustration, kicking the wall as she watched Carl leave over the wall to find Enid again. She thought that once they were in a semi stable place, everything would go back to how it was before, back to her and Carl being siblings again. Yet, she had hardly even spoken to the older boy, he was too interested in chasing Enid around all the time.

Her day started off semi-good. She spent time with her sister and spoke to Michonne a little. But she wanted Carl, she wanted Daryl and she wanted Rick. It wasn't fair that they were allowed to do as they pleased, but she had to stay here, do that, don't go there! It was ridiculous!