Chapter 8

Steve strode into his biology class, smiling to himself as he knew that this would bee a incredibly easy lesson. He spotted Tony opening his mouth to shout something, probably at him, but he never heard it as his eyes had spotted an awfully familiar figure. The figure had shoulder-length, dark, brown hair and he was wearing a black hoodie and black gloves (much like Rogue wore to stop her touching anyone) but whenever he moved his arm or hand it seemed to have a robotic movement. When the figure lifted his head, his pale blue eyes locked with Steve's for a split second and in that moment Steve knew exactly who the dark figure was. "Bucky?" Steve's eyes filled with tears threatening to spill down his rosy cheeks. He didn't realize that Bucky had heard him until he saw the confused expression on his face.

"Who the hell's Bucky?!" He shouted rising from his seat with a scowl plastered on his face. Steve's heart broke in two as his only friend from before the ice not only didn't remember him but didn't remember himself. Finally, he couldn't stop the tears and they fell down his face like a salty waterfall and he ran out of the room, down the hallway and out onto the field but he didn't stop until he was hidden from view and let all his emotions spill from his heart through his eyes. An image kept running through his mind, the image of his best friend falling from the train to his death just because he didn't reach an inch further.