Chapter 4: Night Changes

I honestly do not understand what's wrong with me.

I didn't know I would be such a crazy fangirl until this happened.

Until One Direction happened.

There was a day when I didn't stutter around boys, I didn't blush so easily, and didn't felt incredibly self-conscious.

And I miss those days. Because I need to stay calm (or at least act like it) right now.

I caught a reflection of myself in a mirror and I almost wanted to cringe.

My smile is so wide, I look like a baby chimpanzee and it's not even cute. There's a flush in my cheeks that wouldn't go away, and somehow I can't help but giggle like a preschooler.

God, I am seriously losing it.

Act normal, I tell myself.

But who was I kidding, anyway?

Act normal? Hello? I mean, honestly it's just physically impossible.

I had been rendered starstruck by the four men with me on the table, completely stunned at how handsome they all looked in their sleek, immaculate tuxedoes, looking like princes of some foreign land.

And then... there was me.

Awkward, average little me. In my ratty red t-shirt.

I can feel my intestines doing knots, and I shift uncomfortably in my seat.

The entire restaurant had us as their exclusive guests and the place was dimly lit, fresh rose petals were strewn all over the carpeted floor and a slow violin was playing in the background.

The ambiance was romantic and cozy, except for the part that one of the band's staff was muttering angry words at his phone a few steps from out table.

"Where the fuck are you, man?" he speaks on his phone, with a nasty scowl on his face. "It's been thirty fucking minutes and everyone is here." He curses some more on the phone and he catches me staring. Oops.

Okay, this is awkward.

He fakes a smile at me and began to speak softer.

"Don't worry, that's just Harry on the phone he's talking to," Zayn tells me with a chuckle after reading the confusion in my face.

"Harry's coming, too?" I ask.

"A bit later than expected, but yes," Niall answers this time with a pleasant smile on his face.