Chapter 14: Tell Me A Lie (Part 2)

Holy. Freaking. Dolphin.

I don't think I'm quite sure I know how to react.

My mind is whirling hard like an overworked washing machine. I can't breathe. I can't move. I can't...anything.

Symptoms:

●flushed cheeks

●accelerated breathing

●excessive shrieking of the names of boyband members

●overspending for boyband merchandise

Diagnosis: Fangirl Attack

Here we are. At a stadium. For a One Direction concert. And it's every bit as stunning as I imagined it would be.

As soon as we enter the venue, it's already filled with fangirls, beaming and talking animatedly among each other, snapping pictures while tracks from all One Direction albums played in the background. I couldn't tell how much people had shown up. The maximum capacity of the venue was occupied and the tickets were sold-out fast.

I've always been curious of what it felt to be in one of their concerts. And now, in my very first One Direction concert experience, my body starts to feel ripples of excitement.

"The show is about to start," Ginny (who insisted on wearing a t-shirt bearing Louis Tomlinson's face) tells me in a thick voice, and I can tell that he's excited as much as I am.

With a sudden lightness of heart, Ginny, Cassie and I, held hands as we sat in the front row giddily waiting, hearts thumping in excitement.

Our seats were only a few feet away from the stage and the crowd is bursting into an airy frenzy. But everything was hushed in silence when the LED screen perched onstage finally begins a countdown.

Ten...nine...eight...seven...six...

The entire audience joins along in counting down the seconds while my ribs felt like they're going to break as I held my breath. The excitement that hung in the air was electric and consuming.

Five...four...three...two...

And then all the lights went out, sending the entire stadium to go dark.

While the venue is covered in the shroud of darkness, the first few riffs of a familiar song plays in the background and a piano begins a beautiful melody, sending a trail of goosebumps on my skin.

A sudden explosion of light in the stage reveals the familiar silhouette of Zayn, standing in the spotlight.

The screams from the audience intensify as he begins to sing the first lines of "Night Changes".

"Going out tonight, changes into something red...her mother doesn't like that kind of dress, everything she's never had she's showing off..."