Chapter 7: Stockholm Syndrome

My entire body is buzzing all over.

The whole evening, I'm feeling agitated like I'm one of those shaken snow globes every Christmas with bits of snowflakes and glitters whirling around.

I'm trying to look relaxed, but secretly I'm feeling more and more freaked out.

I am trying to wrap my head around the situation, and there's only one way to describe this:

I am stuck in a small room with Harry Styles.

That's a sentence I never knew I would use in my entire life ever.

It's like my wits are thoroughly scattered all over the floor.

"What's up?" Harry asks me, regarding me with tender amusement. "You look like you need a happy meal."

I look up and notice that he was grinning wide at me, his green eyes were sparkling with humor.

"Wait. Why are you being so happy about this?" I ask him incredulously and can't help but notice he's happily whistling, looking relaxed like being locked in with me was such a natural situation.

Harry shrugs, a permanent adorable smile plastered across his face. "We're stuck with each other no matter what. So we might as well find the good things in it."

"What do we do with the rest of our time, then?"

"Teddy, we're in a locked room without any cameras. We can do anything we want," Harry tells me. "Anything."

He winks suggestively, emphasizing the last word.

Harry smiles wide, revealing perfectly white teeth. And for the briefest instant, I stop breathing.

The motion made me stare at his lips, and even when he stopped smiling, I still couldn't tear my eyes away.

His mouth is very...distracting.

I tried focusing on his eyes but my own can't help but make a detour and towards his lips.

Snap out of it, Teddy, I reprimand myself.

"You okay?" Harry lowered his head and met my eyes.

I nod feebly and straightened up, willing myself to behave.

"So your mom must be freaking out by now, huh," Harry says after a moment.

"No, she's on a cruise with my Dad for a few weeks," I reply.