Chapter 12: Last First Kiss

Okay, here's the thing. It's a disaster. Disaster.

After about an hour and a half, we're still stuck in traffic. My stomach is already churning with hunger and frustration, but we've encountered yet another traffic light, and it's still flashing red.

How longer will it be until we can finally eat?! I want to yell furiously as I sink back onto the driver's seat

I mean, we should be eating desserts by now, for Christ's sake. Not stuck in the middle of heavy traffic.

"Don't worry, Teddy," Harry comforts me with a bright smile when he saw me frown. "I'm sure it will be great when we get there."

"I hope so," I reply with a tiny smile, but I can't fight my anxiety. I'm concentrating hard, staring intently at the traffic light, willing it to stop flashing red.

Come on, now. Green...green...green...I tap on the steering wheel impatiently, praying that the stoplight would--

Yes! It's green! Go! Go, now!

I step on the gas, quite forcefully, using every ounce of my focus to drive us fast while my hand itched towards the gearshift. And then, when I finally spot the street, my eyes lit up.

It will just take us a few meters of walking and we'll be there!

Okay, Teddy. Calm down. You're here. You can relax.

"So this is it!" I say as I get out of the car, trying to hide my excitement. "We're finally here!"

"I'm excited to see the place!"

"Oh, you'll love it," I can't help but gush proudly as I walk over to him. "They have this really amazing--"

"Holy shit, it's Harry Styles!!!" a female voice screeches not too far away. "It's Harry Styles!!!"

And then it was followed by another one, screaming, "Harry Styles is heeeeeeeere!!!"

Oh God, fangirl alert.

I turn my head and now there's a group of wide-eyed screaming girls sprinting towards us from across the street. And in less than three seconds, Harry is attacked by a swarm of fangirls, all leaping up and down in excitement for a kiss and a picture.

"Oh my God! Harry's hands have fucking held meeeee!" A girl from the crowd cheers and cries when Harry hugged her. And a few more join in, until high decibels of girly giggles are all over the place.

I stand uncomfortably a few meters away, feeling completely invisible, and not exactly sure what to do as the girls take their pictures with Harry. None of them are even giving me as much as a single glance.

Should I join him or...do I just walk away and wait for him or...