Chapter 9: Change My Mind

In the morning, I felt aftershocks of embarrassment.

I almost woke up with a heart attack, when I suddenly realize with a start, that my head is on Harry's bare chest and my arms draped around his torso. My face blazes with shame the moment I realize I'm holding him like the way I always do with my pillow at home.

That's it Teddy, you are a total goner.

"Good morning, beautiful," Harry greets, staring at me with a smile when he realized I'm awake. A playful sparkle of amusement flashes at his green eyes. "Has anyone ever told you how adorable you are when you sleep?"

"Oh, God. I am so sorry. I didn't mean to...umm..." I mumble groggily, hastily scrambling to a sitting position, pulling my arm away.

"Why are you saying sorry?"

The image of my arm draped around his body, and my head on his chest flashes in my mind and I mentally slap myself.

What the hell has gotten into me?

"How long have you been awake?"

"A while," Harry answers with a crooked grin. "I've been watching you sleep."

Oh God. This is humiliating.

My hair probably looks like a lion's mane and--a thought suddenly occurs to me--what if I slept with my mouth open? Thinking about it makes me want to cringe and transform into a little ant.

"Just pretend it never happened," I tell him dismissively as I stood up from the bed.

"What never happened?" Harry asks, following me. "The part where we shared the bed or when I woke up in the morning with your arms draped over me?" There's a mischievous glint in his green eyes.

I threw him a dirty look. "Which part of 'never happened' don't you understand?"

"The 'never' part," he smirked.

"Just drop it."

"What if I don't want to?" Harry challenged, cocking an eyebrow as he crossed his arms over his chest defiantly.

The movement makes some of his arm muscles flex infront of his chest and my heart leaps with a little jolt when I realize he's still shirtless as he was last night.

Oh heaven help me. The room suddenly felt like a scorching furnace.

"Why on earth are you still shirtless?" I say, struggling to pull my face into a frown.

"Don't you like it?" Harry smiles, looking devilish and cheeky all over again. "Would you rather I was walking around naked?"