1 - lagos

chapter song - sugar, we're going down (fallout boy)

~Y/N POV~

Lagos Nigeria, Present Day.

Me and Nat sit undercover outside a small cafe at separate tables while Steve and Sam are on coms with us.

"Alright, what do you see?" Steve asks from inside my ear.

"Standard beat cops." I reply. "Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target."

"Theres an ATM on the south corner, which means?"

"Cameras."

"Both cross streets are one-way."

"So, compromised escape routes."

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen, he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. See that range rover halfway up the block?"

"The red one? It's cute."

"It's also bullet proof." Nat chimes in. "which means private security...which means more guns...which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us."

"You guys know I can move things with my mind right?" I ask.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature."

"Anybody tell you that you're a little paranoid?" Sam asks.

"Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?"

"Eyes on target, folks." Steve interrupts them, stopping us from getting distracted. "This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't wanna lose him."

Sam scoffs, "If he sees us coming that wont be a problem. He kind of hates us."

"Sam, see that garbage truck? Tag it."

Sam releases his drone from the back of his suit.

"Give me X-Ray." he commands. "That trucks loaded for max weight. And the drivers armed."

"Its a battering ram." Nat states.

"Go Now." Steve says.

"What?" I ask.

"He's not hitting the police."

We follow the truck to the IFID building. The truck ends up slamming into the concrete arch over the gate, break through it. A team of HYDRA Swat members climb out of more trucks that pull in, each of them wearing gas masks and heavy protection suits. They use canons to shoot in infectious gas bombs. People fall one by one.

Once we make it to where the truck are, we start fighting the group of people.

"Body Armor, AR-15s." steve says. "I make seven hostiles."

I watch sam go high and kick down 2 guys at the same time.

"I make 5." he states.

I fly down, people start shooting and a form a small backfire shield to block the bullets.

"Sam." I call out to him.

"He then flies down and hits the guy with one of the falcon wings.

"4" he states. "Rumlow's on the third floor."

"Y/n, just like we practiced." steve comes in.

"What about the gas?" I ask.

"Get it out."

I use my powers to bring Steve up to the third floor, then guide the toxic gas out of the building, whilst protecting myself and the team from it.

"Rumlow has a biological weapon." Cap states.

"I'm on it." Nat replies.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Nat ride in on her motorcycle, following the truck.

"Sam" Steve groans, "He's in an AFV heading north."

"I've got four, they're splitting up." Sam says.

"I've got the two on the left." I hear Nat.

I run behind cap, we jump off of the roof of a car to find the vests on the ground.

"They ditched their gear." Steve says. "It's a shell game now. One of them has the payload."

A bomb is thrown towards Steve and it attaches on to his shield.

"STEVE!" I yell, he looks down and throws the shield in another direction before the bomb explodes.

Suddenly steve gets blasted into the plaza full of people.

"There you are, you son of a bitch." I hear a voice that i don't recognize so im guessing it's Rumlow. "I've been waiting for this." he starts attacking steve.

"He doesn't have it." sam says. "I'm empty!"

"Payload secure. Thanks, Sam." Nat says.

"Don't thank me." Sam tells her.

"I'm not thanking that thing."

"His name is Redwing."

"I'm still not thanking it."

"He's cute go ahead pet him."

"Hey guys, maybe instead of bickering with each other like an old married couple, you could help out me and Steve with this Rumlow guy." I say to them.

"Come on!" Rumlow yells at Steve. They continue fighting until Rumlow has Steve pinned to the wall. "This is for dropping a building on my face."

The two continue to fight until steve has Rumlow kneeling on the ground. "I think I look pretty good all things considered."

"Who's your buyer?" Steve interrogates.

"You know, he knew you. Your pal, your buddy, your Bucky."

"What did you say?"

"He remembered you. I was there. He got all weepy about it. Till they put his brain back in the blender. He wanted you to know something. He said to me... 'Please tell Rogers. When you gotta go... you gotta go.' And you're coming with me."

I see that Rumlow had a bomb on him and he clicks it. It almost hits steve but im able to conceal it for a short amount of time. I lift it up into the air but lose control.. it slams into the side of the building, shit.

"Sam..." Steve says, "We need Fire and Rescue on the south side of the building. We gotta get up there." He runs off.

Natasha runs up to me and pulls me into her chest, making sure I'm ok and assuring me I did the best I could. She leads me back to the jet, knowing I'm in shock and I sit there waiting for them to get back.