15 - back home

chapter song - jailbreak (thin lizzy)

"Yelena!" Natasha shouts

"Lena?!" I yell.

I see a parachute slowly touch down to the ground.

"Over here, Nat." I say as she follows me. She then sees for herself and starts running.

Nat sits in front of her until she opens her eyes.

"We're both upside down." she mumbles. I help her sit up and put my arms around her.

Nat brings Yelena's forehead against hers, "прости меня, моя младшая сестра (Forgive me, my little sister) I should've come back for you." she says.

"Елена, я должен был связаться с вами. Если бы я знал, что ты жив, я бы сразу же связался с тобой. Мне жаль. (Yelena, I should have contacted you. If I had known you were alive, I would have contacted you immediately. I'm sorry.)" I say.

"You don't have to say that. It's okay."

"Hey." Natasha says. "Hey. It was real to me too."

We hear grunting behind us, seeing Melina limping.

"Everybody good?" I ask.

"I am clearly injured." Melina replies, Yelena chuckles.

"You got something to say?" Natasha asks.

"I'd just mess it up." Melina says.

A line of vehicles start to approach. Ross. S.H.I.E.L.D.

"So, what's our plan?" Melina asks.

"You guys go, Me and Y/n have some business to take care of." Natasha says, referring to Ross, Steve, and the people in the RAFT.

"That's insanity. We fight. We fight with you." Alexei says.

"We'll hold them off." I say.

"Natasha, we fight." Alexei complains.

"We can't split up. You're so pigheaded." Melina says.

"You guys, go." Natasha says.

"Oh, my god." Yelena says.

"Besides, if it can work out with the five of us, you know, there may be some hope for the Avengers. Little bit." she puts two fingers together, leaving a small bit of space in between.

"Okay, well, if you're leaving, then I guess you should take this." Yelena says, taking off her vest and handing it to me. "I know you love it."

"Thanks, Lena. By the way, next time something happens, I'll let you know." I say.

"Got it."

"He had widows implanted all over the world. Melina will need to copy the formula, but you should be the one to tell 'em it's over." Natasha says, she hands Yelena the rest of the vials.

A plane behind us touches down, revealing the widows we freed earlier that day.

"You came back for us." Yelena says.

"Мы бы не оставили вас позади (We wouldn't leave you behind.)"

"Thank you." Yelena says, and she walks toward the widows leading them back onto the plane.

"Hey." Melina says. "Hey, you girls take care of yourselves, okay?"

"Don't worry. We got this." I say.

In the next minute I hear Yelena whistle toward Nat. Nat whistles back.

~

A few weeks later, there's been some changes. Nat dyed and cut her hair, its blond and just above her shoulders. I dyed my tips purple just for fun.

We're now pulling up to a meet-up spot after calling Rick a few days ago for a plane.

We see him on the side of the pathway, sleeping on his backpack. Nat kicks the sole of his shoe.

"You ever not sleep?" Nat asks.

"I've been in six different time zones in three days because of you." He replies.

"Oh, really?" Nat asks.

"Yeah."

"What, are you scrapping together some parts? What'd you get us this time, like, an upside-down lawnmower?" I ask.

He turns and points to a jet. The jet. Quinjet. I see the bottom door open, revealing Nat's favorite super soldier boy. Steve Rogers.

"You see what I can get you with a bit of time and money?" Rick asks. "Go on, say it. I wanna hear it. It would be really good for me to hear it. Really."

"I'm impressed. I'm even more impressed you got Captain America to pick us up."

"When I mentioned you, Natasha, he seemed worried, like he couldn't live on if you were gone." Rick said. I smirk at her and laugh.

"Yeah, sure. Like he would say that." Nat says.

"I'm not lying."

"You've always been a good friend to me." Natasha says.

"That's what every man wants to hear. Where you gonna go?"

"It's funny. My whole life, I didn't think I had any family. Turns out I got two, so... One of them's a bit of a mess right now. I'm gonna go break a few of them out of prison see if I can't help patch things up." Nat says.

"Sounds fun."

"It will. We have to break my husband out of jail and pick up my daughter, who's 1 and a half now, Maria." I say.

"I wish you the best of luck, Natasha get the super solider."

"No way." Nat says. We start to walk toward the Quinjet.

"Nat, he's not joking, I've seen the way he looks at you, its the same way Pietro looks at me. Love." I say.

"You're so funny."

"Oh really, then why is he crying right now?" We look over toward the Quinjet, seeing Steve looking awfully happy to see her.

"Lets change the subject, let's patch up you're family first."

~

We fly the quinjet over the RAFT. The doors opening since the jets tied to Stark.

As we go in, I see Ross look right at me and Natasha.

"You're both under arrest."

"Actually, we're saving our family from this god forsaken place. See ya, bitch." I say, and we walk through the facility, and find the spot where they're all together.

"Hi, Love." I knock on the glass of Pietro's cell, his legs tied together and him being chained to the floor.

He looks up at me, and tears start to roll down his cheeks.

Natasha puts in a code and the cells open up. I start to kneel down to Pietro, then turn the other way, seeing how miserable Wanda looks, and freeing her first, then going back to Pietro.

"I'm glad to be back." Pietro says as he grabs my face and pulls me into a kiss.

We're interrupted by a loud bang that rang through the cells, Me and Pietro immediately pull apart, seeing Clint staring at us.

"You can continue later, I'd like to go home."