6 - Berlin

chapter song - get up (mother mother)

A few hours later me and Nat are called to Berlin for something that cap did.

"What's going to happen?" Steve asks.

"The same thing that ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition." Ross says.

"This is Everett Ross, deputy task force commander." Sharon introduces.

"What about our lawyer?" Steve asks.

"Lawyer, that's funny. See to their weapons are placed in the lock up. Oh, we'll write you a receipt." Ross jokes.

"I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that." Sam says.

"You will be provided with an office instead of a cell. And do me a favor, stay in it."

"I don't intend on going anywhere." T'Challa says.

"For the record. This is what making things worse looks like." I say to steve.

"He's alive." He says.

"The remaining of us are now at court-sec. And, Colonel Ross is supervising the clean up." Tony says into his phone.

"Try not to break anything while we fix this." Nat says.

"Consequences? You bet there will be consequences. Obviously you can quote me on that because I just said it. Anything else? Thank you, sir." Tony finishes.

"Consequences?" Steve asks.

"Secretary Ross wants you both prosecuted. I have to give him something." Tony says.

"I'm not getting that shield back, am I?"

"Technically, it's the government's property. Wings too." Nat says.

"That's cold." Sam says.

"Warmer than jail." Tony says.

~

After a bit of time we get each of them to their offices, Me with Steve, Nat with Sam and Tony with T'Challa.

"Hey, you want to see something cool? I pulled something from Howard Starks' archives." I said.

"Well, timely." he replied.

"FDR signed the Land-Lease bills with these in 1941. Provided support to the allies when they needed most."

"Someone said it brought our country closer to war."

"Seen enough of these, you wouldn't be here. I'm trying to, what do you call it? a... an al'fermage. Is that what you call it?"

"Is Pepper here? I didn't see her." He said, trying to change the subject.

"Tony said their taking a break, apparently he knew you would ask so he told me." Tony then walks in after I kept saying his name.

"Few years ago, I almost lost her, so I trashed all my suits. Then, we had to muck up Hydra. And then Ultron, my fault. And then, and then, and then. I never stopped. Cause the truth is I don't wanna stop. I don't want to lose her. I thought maybe the Accords can split the difference. In her defense, I'm her handful. Yet, dad was a pain in the ass, but he and mom always made it work." Tony said after he walked in.

"You know, I'm glad Howard got married. I only knew him when he was young and single." Steve said.

"Oh really? You two know each other? He never mentioned that. Maybe only a thousand times. God, I hated you."