11 - meeting the twin

chapter song - if we have each other (alec benjamin)

We start walking backwards trying to trap Yelena.

"Watch your step." I say, Yelena chuckles.

I then trap Yelena and start fighting her. I know she's my twin sister but I haven't seen her in like 25 years. Now I have her pinned to the ground, us starting to choke eachother with a curtain.

"перемирие (Truce)" Yelena calls and I let go.

After catching our breath, Natasha speaks, "ты вырос (you've grown up)"

"ни хрена (no shit)" Yelena says.

"You had to come to Budapest, didn't you?" I ask.

"I came here because I thought you wouldn't." Yelena says, "But, since you're here, what bullet does that?" she points to holes in the wall. Arrows, not bullets.

"Not bullets. Arrows."

"Ah, right"

"If you didn't think I'd come here, why'd you send me this?" Natasha pulls out the red vials.

"You brought it back here?" she asks, frustrated.

"I'm not here trying to be your friend, but you need to tell me what that is."

"It's a synthetic gas. The counteragent to chemical subjugation. The gas immunizes the brain's neuropathways from external manipulation."

"Maybe in English next time?" Nat asks.

"Это противоядие от контроля над разумом. (it's an antidote to mind control)"

"Real mature."

"What you're saying is, what ever the thing is inside that vial-" I say.

"Free's widows that are under Dreykov's control." Yelena cuts me off. "Why don't you take it to one of your super-scientist friends? They can explain it to you. Tony Stark, maybe?"

"Oh, yeah. We're not really talking right now, so..." Natasha trails off.

"Great. Perfect timing. Where's an Avenger when you need one?" Yelena asks.

"I don't wanna be here. We're on the run. You could've gotten us killed."

"Well, what was I supposed to do? You're the only superhero person that I know. That was the whole reason I sent it to you." Yelena says. "I kept checking the news, expecting to see Captain America bringing down the Red Room."

"What? Taking down the Red Room? What are you talking about? It's been gone for years. Dreykov's dead. I killed him." Nat said.

"Wait, Dreykov's still alive. I thought that old bastard would've been murdered or died of something by now." I said.

"You know Dreykov?" Yelena asked me.

"Yeah, I was trained in the Red Room."

"I never saw you there?"

"I was rotated between there and a HYDRA Base in Sokovia. Whilst I was in there, I trained to be an assassin and was taught ballet."

"I had no idea. I thought you were free with your adoptive family."

"I was but they passed in '99. The Novi Grad Bombings in Sokovia. Shell collapsed our apartment building. Still had my brother up until last year."

"I'm so sorry."

"Yelena, it's fine. I'm just glad to see you."

"Any family left?"

"If you count a kid, a husband, and the entire Barton family, then yes."