8 - the airport fiasco

chapter song - left-hand free (alt J)

About 12 hours later, Berlin Airport.

Tony, Rhodey, Nat and Me are all standing outside the airport waiting for Cap's team to show up. while we're in position, we see Steve run out to a helicopter, but it's stopped when Tony throws something at it to destabilize it.

"Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport. Don't you just feel weird?" Tony asks Rhodey,

"Definitely weird." Rhodey replies.

"Hear me out, Tony. That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this." Steve replies. T'Challa then jumps down, making his entrance.

"Captain." T'Challa said.

"Your highness."

"Anyway. Ross gave me 36 hours to bring you in. That was 24 hours ago. Can you help a brother out?" Tony asks.

"You're after the wrong guy."

"Your judgment is askew. Your war buddy killed innocent people yesterday."

"And there are 5 more super soldiers just like him. I can't let the doctor find them first, Tony. I can't."

"Steve." Natasha walks up behind me.

"You know, what's about to happen. Do you really want to punch your way out of this one?" I ask.

"All right, I've run out of patience. Underoos!" Tony calls out. The spider-kid swings in and grabs Cap's shield. "Nice job Kid."

"Thanks. Well, I could've stuck the landing a little better. It's... just the new suit... Well, it's nothing, Mr. Stark. It's-It's perfect, thank you." Peter says.

"Yeah, we don't really need to start a conversation."

"Okay. Cap... Captain. Big fan, I'm Spider-Man."

"Yeah, we'll talk about it later. Just..."

"Hey, everyone."

"... good job." I say.

"You've been busy." Steve says.

"And you've been a complete idiot. Dragging in Clint. Rescuing Wanda and Pietro from a place they don't even want to leave. A safe place. I'm trying to keep... I'm trying to keep you from tearing the Avengers apart." Tony says. I didn't even know Pietro and Wanda were here.

"You did that when you signed."

"Alright, I'm done. You're gonna turn Barnes over and you're gonna come with us. NOW! Because it's us! We're squaded JSOC, guys, with no compunction about being impolite."

"Hey, guys. Something..." Peter starts but gets cut off by something popping up from the shield and growing to human size.

"Oh, great. Alright, there's two on the parking deck. One of them is Maximoff, I'm going to grab her. Rhodey, you want to take Cap?"

"No. Tony let me take Wanda. Does anyone have eyes on Pietro?" I ask. Two arms wrap around my waist and huge gust of wind goes through my hair and I get set back onto my feet. Then he speeds away.

"3 in the terminal, Maximoff, Wilson, and Barnes." Rhodey says.

"Barnes is mine!" T'Challa says.

"I'll go with T'Challa, Tony you get Wanda, I'll get Pietro."

"Hey, Mr. Stark, what should I do?" Peter asks.

"What we discussed. Keep your distance. Web 'em up." Tony says.

"Okay, copy that!"

"Move, Captain. I won't ask a second time." T'Challa says.

"Nah. I'll move him." I use my powers on Steve and move him out of the way.

Me and T'Challa land on the roof while Peter swings down a webs up the three of them.

"You have a metal arm? That is awesome, dude! You have the right to remain silent!" Peter says.

I fly down into the terminal to help out Peter. Sam tries to fly away but I pull his wings down.

"Hey Sam." I say.

"You picked the wrong side." Sam says.

"So did you." I push him out of the terminal and he flies out. But then flies right back in and knocks me with his wings.

"Are those wings carbon fiber?" Peter asks, after webbing up Sam and Pietro.

"Is this stuff coming out of you?" Sam asks.

"That would explain the rigidity flexibility ratio which, gotta say, that's awesome man."

"I don't know if you've ever been in a fight before but there's usually not this much talking."

"Alright, I'm sorry. Look I've only got one job here today and I've got to impress Mr. Stark so I'm sorry," Peter shoots a web but it gets caught on red wing and he gets flown out.

"You couldn't have done that earlier?" Bucky asks.

"I hate you." Sam says.

I think for a second about what I'm doing. Risking my life, my families life. I'm on the wrong side. I know that. Tony's trying to hurt them, if he can't get them he'll hurt them, that's not happening under my watch. I grab my switchblade out of my boot and cut the webs off of Sam, Bucky, and Pietro. I turn around and see T'Challa staring at me so I use my powers to get him out of the terminal.

"I'm sorry. I chose the wrong side." I say.

"It's ok, princesa. People make mistakes." Pietro says.

"Let's go. I'll tell Natasha I've switched sides.

~

I'm now right by the hangar with the Quinjet with Nat.

Steve and Bucky run in while I'm helping Wanda hold up the tower so they can slide in.

"You're not going to stop?" Nat asks.

"You know I can't." Steve said.

"I'm going to regret this." I say. I see T'Challa coming up from behind steve and you my wrist shockers to knock him down. "Go."

"I said that I'd help you find him, not catch him. There is a difference." Nat says.