2 - our fault

chapter song - all the things she said (t.A.T.u)

THIRD PERSON POV:

"11 Wakandans were among those killed during a confrontation between the Avengers and a group of mercenaries in Lagos, Nigeria last month. The traditionally reclusive Wakandans were on an outreach mission in Lagos, when the attack occurred." The news anchor states from Pietro's computer screen. "'Our people's blood is spilled on foreign soil, not only because of the actions of criminals but by the indifference of those pledged to stop them. Victory at the expense of the innocent, is no victory at all.' The Wakandan king went on to-" Pietro shuts off his computer but still hears a tv in the background. "They are operating outside and above the international law. Because that's the reality, if we don't respond to acts like these. What legal authority does an enhanced individual does Y/n Belova have to operate in nigeri-" the tv is cut off once again by pietro shutting it off.

1ST PERSON POV:

"It's my fault." I say to him.

"That's not true." He says.

"Turn the TV back on. They're being very specific."

Steve walks in behind Pietro.

"I should've clock that bomb vest long before you had to deal with it. Rumlow said 'Bucky' and all the sudden I was a sixteen year old kid again in Brooklyn." Steve said. "And people died. It's on me."

"It's on both of us." I tell him. Pietro sits down next to me and puts an arm around my shoulder.

"This job, we try to save as many people as we can, sometimes it doesn't mean everybody. But if we can't find a way to live with that then next time, maybe nobody gets saved." He replies.

We are suddenly interrupted by Vision going through my wall.

"Vis! Didn't Wanda talk to you about this?" I ask him.

"Yes but the door was on so I assumed that... Captain Rogers wished to know when Mr.Stark was arriving." Vision replies.

"Thank you. We'll be right down." Steve says.

"I'll use the door."

"Good Idea." Pietro chimes in.

"Oh and apparently he's brought a guest."

"We know who it is?" Pietro asks.

"The Secretary of State."