10 - off with Nat

chapter song - cause for concern (lovejoy)

After we get off the boat, we get in the car and start driving to Nats emergency trailer.

"Etter Sokovia-avtalen er jakten på de gjenværende Avengers... Steve Rogers, Y/N Belova og Natasha Romanoff er for tiden på flukt. (After the Sokovia Accords, the hunt is on for the remaining Avengers... Steve Rogers, Y/N Belova and Natasha Romanoff are currently on the run.)"

~

We walk into the trailer that we're hiding out in and we see an old friend in the bed, Rick Mason.

"You're in my bed." Nat says.

"I'm... I'm not even under the covers." He says.

"Did you get everything on my list?"

"Got passports, entry visas, a couple of local driver's licenses. Mix and match, you should be able to stretch it to 20 or so identities each."

"Fanny Longbottom?"

"What?"

"What, are you 12?"

"That is a legitimate name." I say.

"We've got a generator outside. It's petrol-powered. And the septic tank will need a flush in a couple of weeks, but, you know, I've got a guy coming for that. You have to haul your rubbish into town. It's just a 20-minute drive. I've got your basic hardware kit stashed under the stairs." He says.

"Nice." Nat says.

"Are you okay?" He asks Nat.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"I hear things. You know, something about the Avengers getting divorced..."

"Ugh. It's fine. I'm actually better on my own." Nat says.

"How about you?" He asks me.

"I'm ok. I haven't talked to my family in like 6 weeks and my kids are with my boyfriend so I haven't seen them either."

"Wow."

"Other than that I'm ok."

"Are you sure?" He asks.

"Yeah." Nat says.

"Because you can tell me, you know. That's the way the whole friends thing works."

"I know. I have friends." She points to me.

"People who have friends don't call me."

"And I don't pay you to worry."

"Oh, hey. What's all this junk?" I ask.

"Oh, just some mail and personals from the Budapest safe house."

"Budapest?" Nat asks.

"Yeah. Budapest."

"No, it's "Budapest.""

"Budapest. Budapest. It's "Budapest.""

"Whatever. I knew you weren't going back there, so I've got someone else in the flat now."

"Sorry you went through the trouble. I would've told you to chuck it."

"Well, if you don't want it, throw it in the rubbish."

~

Me and Nat are both on our laptops, me working on something Steve wanted me to do while nat watches a movie. Then the power goes out so we grab the gas can from outside and start to head into town.

Someone driving a large truck then slams our car off the road.

"I'm pretty sure Ross has no jurisdiction here. And you should know I'm a better shot when I'm pissed off." Nat says,

We then realize the person who crashed into us is here for something in the trunk of the car, a black case.

"You're not here for us." After fighting the girl, we grab the case then jump into the river getting away from her.

Nat makes the decision that we need to go to Budapest to find out what exactly is in that case. In the case was a red colored serum and a picture of nat and and two little girls that look the exact same from a long time ago. I pull out my wallet and show her a set of the same pictures and I point to me and my sister, Yelena.

~

"Nat, let me go before you." I say, and grab my gun ready to shoot anyone suspicious.

"I know you're out there." Yelena says from inside the safe house.

"I know you know I'm out here."

"Then why are you skulking about like it's a minefield?"

"'Cause I don't know if I can trust you."

"Funny, I was going to say the same thing."

"So, we gonna talk like grown-ups?" I ask as I see my twin sister standing infront of me, holding up a gun.

"Is that what we are?" She asks. "Put it down before I make you."

"You put yours down." Nat says from behind me.