Dr_Mavis

Dedicated to @dr_mavis

Assalam o alaekum
Namasty
Sat sri akal !

Hope everyone is doing good by the grace of almighty!

Today I am here one of requested interview from @Dr_Mavis
Before we proceed further don't forget to checkout her work.

Let's start the interview:
~~

Q1: Tell us something about yourself?
  A: I am an Oral and Maxillofacial surgeon, basically a dentist. I did my graduation from India and higher studies in South Korea. Currently, I am in USA.

Q2: Meaning of ur name? ur nick name ?
A: My real name is Malavika. Dr_Mavis is an abbreviation of my full name. I came up with this name when I was in my college as my Chart name.

Q3: If u have a choice to change ur own name what it would be and why?
A: I am happy with my name so I don't want to change it.

Q4: Back in school and college, what kind of person were you?
A: I was jolly and a bit of a prankster. Academically I was an average student. In medical colleges, you really can't find to do much beyond studies and duties.

Q5: What personality trait do you wish you had?
A: I am a very frank and straightforward person, there are times when my truth unintentionally hurt other's sentiments. So I would like to be a little considerate and be less harsh on others.

Q6: How do you deal with stress and pressure?
A: I take a little negative route. I sit and analyse what maximum can go in a situation and then come up with a plan to overcome the problem. The anxiety of what will go wrong is what we call stress. Like before a surgery I already imagine in my mind the worst of the things that can go wrong. So on tha day of surgery, I am well prepared with a plan B for every hurdle and I stay pressure-free.

Q7: When did you first realize you wanted to write fanfics?
A: I always wanted to write but couldn't find the time to do it. Sidnaaz Fanfictions were the source of inspiration. After reading these stories I mustered some courage and gave writing a shot.

Q8: Have you ever thought that your hard work didn't get as much appreciation as you deserve and you thought to give up writing?
A: Honestly, I am happy with the response I am receiving. For a rookie like me, I hadn't expected even this much love. So every new follower or reader I get, I consider it as a bonus.

Q9: Is there any author Or Book who inspires you a lot?
A: Agatha Christie is my favourite author she has always inspired me. In Wattpad Ash7220 was a huge inspiration, I loved her work.

Q10: What do you enjoy most about writing ?
A: This whole process of seeing your imagination developing into a story is surreal. It kind of gives you a sense of power, where you can make the characters do whatever you want. That is satisfying.

Q11: Share one of your weirdest experience on wattpad ?
A: I had received a message, where the person wanted to know my gender and also felt like doctors generally don't understand normal human emotions. So I was not capable enough to write. That was really weird.

Q12:Have you ever face"writer's block" ? How you overcome from that?
A: I do have it. I can't force myself into writing just for meeting targets. So there are days when I can't come up with anything and there are days when things come to me organically.

Q13: What would be a good theme song for your life?
A: The song "Beh Chala" from the movie Uri the Surgical Strike.

Q14:How would you solve problems if you were from Mars?
A: I don't think I would be doing a better job at solving problems even on Mars. Situations and people and their thoughts create problems it has got not much to do with which planet you are in.

Q15: How was your overall experience as an author?
A: It's been great till now. The responses have been overwhelming. I know I have to improve a lot in terms of writing, but the love that I am receiving is encouraging.

Q16: either or:

*Text msgs OR phone calls
   Phone calls I suck at texting

*TEa OR Coffee
   Tea

*Netflix series OR Movies
   Both

*Paper books OR Ebook
   Paper books

*Poems OR quotes
   Poems

*Ice-creams OR soft Drinks
   Ice cream

*Shopping in-store OR online
   Online

*Dine in OR take away
   Take away

* Socks or barefoot?
   Barefoot  

*Pony tail OR Bun
   Bun

*High heels or flats?
   Flats

*Cat Lover OR Dogs
   Dogs

*Comedy OR drama
   None, thrillers are my thing

Thank you so much for this interview. I feel honoured.
Love.

~~

Till next interview, stay connected!