hkoriginal

Presenting hkoriginal  aka Harleen Kaur
~~~

Q:  Tell us something about yourself ?
A: I am a Punjabi, but I'm not loud as the Punjabis shown in Bollywood movies. And I am skinny, more than needed. Tall, all thanks to my father's genes. Left-handed, thanks to my mother's genes.

Q: Meaning of ur name? Nick name if you have any?
A: My name is Harleen which means the one absorbed in God's love. Quite religious, I know.
I have a lot of nicknames. My maternal uncles call me Nuni. My classmates call me Hallu. My busmates call me Robot. And toddlers will pronounce my name as Neen. One boy even used to call me Jonda Saurus, an imaginary name for a dinosaur.

Q: Which thing inspires you most to write? And Where do you get your ideas?
A: As a kid, I've seen a lot of TV. And I clearly remember the serials and movies I've seen as a nursery kid. So whenever I think about a show I had watched years ago, I'll get a story idea. Whenever I'm thinking that this series or movie could have this or that kind of ending, I'll get a story idea. And now when I'm reading Wattpad books, reading a good book gives me inspiration. So I've numerous sources to get inspiration from.

Q: If you read Wattpad stories What attracts you to read any book here?
A: Book cover, description, reads, the author, everything matters. However, what matters the most is the storytelling. If I start enjoying the story from the first chapter itself then I'll keep reading. If I find the first chapter boring, I'll quickly delete it from my library.

Q: Is there any author who inspires you a lot?
A: Laila Mehtab, the author of the Wattpad book You Are Mine. And the author of Operation Dard And Devotion. They inspire me a lot.

Q: How do you come up with the titles to your books?
A: I prefer the titles that are catchy and unique. If it's pleasing to my ears, it will be the title of my next story. Doesn't matter if it's a drama's title, a song's name, maybe the protagonist's name or my own creation. It needs to be different, that's it.

Q: Do you leave a part of yourself in your characters?
A: Well, my characters are a part of me. Even my best friend is a fictional character.

Q: If any of your book were made a movie, which actors would play your characters? And what's the name of the movie?
A: Umm... I've never thought about it. Because years later when my book will be turned into a movie, present time actors will get old naa. But I'll prefer Sanjay Leela Bhansali directing a movie based on my book His Chanda. And movie's title would be Tumhari Chanda.

Q: What's your favorite under-appreciated book?
A:  No such book is coming to my mind as I rarely read nowadays. But there was this book called UnFading Love. It was shortlisted for Wattpad India Contest. However, it still have very less reads.

Q: How do you deal with negative criticism?
A: Sorry, I've never received negative comments in my last two years on Wattpad. My characters and stories were criticized a couple of times. But I am still safe from negative comments.

Q: Is there any fan-moment or good memory in your writing journey here?
A: When I realised that my book His Chanda is getting popular among readers. I was getting comments and messages that readers are loving the book. And when it crossed 100K reads, I was on cloud nine. I still get heartwarming messages.

Q: How do you handle writer's blocks?
A: To be honest, I still don't know how to handle it. I am still going through writer's block. But it doesn't last long in my case so no worries.

Q: If you could meet your characters, what would you say to them?
A: Don't you dare mess with me or i'll get you killed in the story. :)

okay now we have some fun kinda personal questions.

Q: As a child , what did you want to be when you grow up?
A: CID officer :0

Q: Who is your celebrity crush?
A: Imran Abbas.

Q: Do you speak any other languages?
A: Yes, besides my mother tongue Punjabi I am fluent in Hindi and English. I can also understand Urdu very well. And I know a word or two of other Indian languages as well.

Q: What were you did if a person annoy you?
A:  I will do nothing. They will eventually stop annoying me when they'll notice tears in my eyes. It has happened with me in ninth standard. My classmates would annoy me and I will start crying when they'll keep going on. After sometime, they stopped annoying me. And it wasn't me crying, my eyes are extra-sensitive to the air and I have no control over my emotions. If I get angry or emotional, my eyes will get watery on their own and others will think I am crying.

Q: What's the most precious gift someone has given you?
A:  My niece. As a kid, she is the most precious gift I had gotten. I am really fond of babies. And she was the only baby fond of me. Because now babies start crying in my arms. (crying emojis)

Q: What would be a good theme song for your life?
Pasoori by Ali Sethi and Shae Gill
and Merry Go Round by RIDI

Q: What's the weirdest question you've been asked?
A: Do you have moles on the other parts of your body as you have on your face?
It was so awkward. (awkard emoji)

Q: This and that

Cuddling or sleeping?
Sleeping. I don't like cuddling.

Eating outside or cooking at home?
Eating outside food at home :P

Netflix or YouTube?
Both

Calls or texts?
Texts

Coffee or tea?
Both

Dogs or babies?
Babies. I have phobia of dogs.

Comedy or horror?
Comedy

Morning Person or Night owl?
Somewhere in the middle.

Desserts or spicy food?
Spicy food ;P

Forest or beach?
Forest

Shopping in-store OR online?
None

Concerts or Movies?
Movies

Credit card or Cash?
Cash

High heels or flats?
Flats

Q: Do you enjoyed this interview? How was your experience? Few words for your readers?

It was my first ever interview so I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was really fun answering your questions.
And my dear readers,
I am not rude or arrogant if you think so. I am more friendly with my readers than my friends. So don't think twice before messaging me. It's just that I use my words calculatively and don't prefer writing unnecessary notes or posts. I keep my emotions to myself as I want your appreciation, not your pity or sympathy.

Thank you, Zahqas, for having me. You are honoured to be my first interviewer ever. How do you feel about this accomplishment? (A/N my pleasure : )

And by the way, those who haven't read my books yet, what are you waiting for?

And that's how we completed this fun conversation with hkoriginal . Hope you all also enjoyed it! Shower your love on your beloved author and hit the star icon if you also like new series of questions.
And those who haven't read her work yet! Go and check out hkoriginal
Till next stay connected!

With Love:
Zahqas