16. His Jacket

Enjoy this mini chapter because I got a lot planned for the next one
_______________________________________________

Red hood was making it back to his safe house after giving Momo a little visit. He was taking the high route to avoid any pro hero patrols. But he had to stop for a moment after witnessing a pro hero walked right passed an alley with someone calling for help.

"Stay right here" Red Hood said setting the books down on the edge of the roof before walking off. In the alley, a man was searching two bodies while a child hid in fear.

"Jackpot." The man said. Behind him a lost illuminated the area as it was dark. But a shadow was casted over him.

"Is It fun for you to prey on the weak?" Someone asked in a deep voice. The man turned around to see the Red Hood staring at him. Not giving him a chance to do anything, the Red Hood smack him across the face with a metal pipe. The smack sent him fly across the floor. "This could land you fifteen years. But I don't think that's enough to teach scum like you a lesson" the red hood said while twirling the pipe in his hand.

"Please don't. Just let me go. I won't do it again" The man pleaded. But it was useless. The Red hood winded up, smacking the man in the leg with a crunch, causing the man to scream.

"You don't deserve fifteen years in prison. People like you should get six feet" Red Hood said

"W-what?" The man asked holding his leg.

"I'll show you what I mean" Red Hood said going in for a swing. Behind a trash can, a young boy was watching the Red Hood beat the man with the pipe.

When it was done, Red Hood tossed the bloody pipe to the side. He turned to look at the boy who went behind the bin again.

"Its alright." The red hood said calmly. "I'm not gonna hurt you. I just wanted to hurt the man who hurt them" he said as the kid stayed hidden. Red Hood took a look at the two bodies on the ground. One male, one female. "They're your parents, aren't they?" Red Hood asked. The boy slight poked his head out from behind the bin. "Dont worry, he won't hurt you again. Let's get you somewhere safe"
_______________________________________________

"It was him again" an officer spoke with anger as he sat down.

"What happened this time?" Another one asked.

"Red Hood bashed this guy head in to the point we could identify the guy" an officer spoke as he stood next to the first one. Most likely his partner. "Apparently he killed a guy who killed some rich couple."

"Damn, well its another one off the street"

"Seriously dude?"

"What?" He shrugged.

"Uh, guys. You gotta check this out" a female officer said getting them to get up and follow her to the lobby of their station. In the lobby sat the young boy from the alley with a leather jacket around him.

"Is that-"

"Red Hoods Jacket"