1

DISCLAIMER: in this story, you are 19, peter is 22. lmao

i woke up to my alarm. i suddenly remembered it was my first day at the lab. i see clothes that have been neatly placed by my bedside table. they seemed to be just a white button-up shirt and white pants. "that's weird. i don't remember placing those there. i guess those are from brenner then. must be my work clothes." i said.

i saw a pair of black shoes. i picked the clothes and my shoes up and got ready. i went into the bathroom and curled my hair, put mascara on and a little bit of lip gloss. i put on some perfume and packed my things. brenner told me i wouldn't be allowed to leave the lab for "scientific reasons". it didn't really spark my interest but it kind of made me homesick. i needed this job and i need the money.

i have no idea what i'm getting myself into.

i put the black shoes on and walked out the door.

i parked in the parking lot and i walked up to the front office. "you must be y/n! very nice to meet you." a polite woman said to me as i checked in. "yep, that's me! haha. nice to meet you too!" i said, giving her a welcoming smile. i waved as i took the elevator to where i was placed to work. as the door of the elevator opened, i saw brenner and a guy with sharp blue eyes and blonde hair beside him. he was fairly tall. very attractive too. he looked oddly familiar, but i couldn't remember where i've seen him.

i couldn't keep my eyes off of him. he gave me a smile that could charm anyone. "welcome to your new home, y/n! as you know i'm dr brenner and this here is your coworker, peter ballard." brenner said to me, snapping me out of literally staring at peter, my new coworker. "nice to meet you both!" i said smiling at the both of them.

"peter, i want you to show her to her room and make her feel welcome, please. i would do it but i am very busy at the moment." brenner said to peter. "of course. id love to show her around too if you don't mind." peter said taking little glances over at me. i've been standing here for five minutes and i'm already into my coworker wtf. "that's alright peter." brenner said as he was walking off.

"let's go y/n." peter said giving me another one of his smiles and placing a hand on my shoulder. "you're very smiley." i said to him, looking up at him and laughing. "is that a bad thing?" he said making eye contact with me. "no, i didn't say that." you said. he winked at me and i felt my cheeks turning a light pink. we stopped walking.

"heres your room, doll. do you mind if i call you that?" he said. i smiled "of course not, i like it." he smiled back at me. "okay, just making sure you were comfortable with it." he said. he's such a gentleman.

i placed my bag on my bed and we were talking to each other while i was placing my stuff in storage. i learned that he has a sad past. his whole family, besides his dad, were brutally murdered. but i also learned he sucks at swimming. he's very attractive i'll give him that. he told me about the experiments of this place and some parts freaked me out i'm not gonna lie. but its comforting knowing i have someone like him by my side.

he gave me a quick tour of the place and i saw all the kids stare as i walked past. some even whispered and some laughed.

peter gave them death stares and they quickly stopped and continued to what they were doing. "what was that for?" i asked him. "i want to make sure you have an amazing first day here" he said making eye contact with those piercing blue eyes.

"ive never really had anyone stand up for me like that before, i appreciate it." i said to him giving him a smile. "youre welcome, doll. we may not know each other well, but you deserve to be treated nicely here. its not common someone is treated good here." he said to me. as we finished the tour, it was lunch time. it was like brenner was putting these kids through boot camp. peter was attending to the other kids, asking how they were and stuff.

a shy little girl came up to me, i saw a tattoo on her wrist that said "011". "hi miss, i-i just wanted to tell you that you are very p-pre-tty." she said.
she had a hard time forming words. which made sense because peter told me these kids have been in here all their lives. "thank you! may i ask your name?" i said to the young girl.

she pointed to the tattoo on her wrist. "eleven? is that your name" i asked and she nodded. "i'll call you el, for short." i said to her. she hugged me tightly. its like im the first person to show her genuine kindness in this facility.

i hugged her back and i saw peter staring out of my peripheral. i looked over at him and he was smiling. he quickly looked away. that was weird. i didnt think too much about it. as the day slowly came to an end. peter walked me back to my room.

i yawned. "you're so cute when you yawn." peter said gazing at me. "oh shit did i say that outloud?" he said covering his obviously red face. "no no peter, its alright i appreciate it" i told him laughing inbetween my words.

i grabbed his hands to uncover his face and he gave me a tight hug. "im so thankful im not alone here anymore." he told me. that almost made me cry. i hugged him back. "i got your back, peter." i told him. it was time for bed. he placed his curled finger under my chin. "i better get to my room before i get into trouble." peter told me.

i gave him a look that obviously he liked. "dont look at me like that, we just met." he said smirking. i laughed. "you better get going peter." i said to him. he nodded and smiled. i waved as he was walking off to his room, which wasnt far from mine.

i changed into a pair of my pajamas i packed and took off my makeup. i laid in my fairly uncomfortable bed and snuggled in the blankets and went to sleep.

authors note

hey yall the only thing that inspired me to write a 001 fanfic is me staying up at 2 this morning and literally reading 001 fanfics lol. im madly in love w this man. anyways. enjoy.