Author's Note

This note is just to explain to comments I've received about this story recently. I thought I'd provide some context.

This was a fanfic that I wrote as a fifteen, sixteen year old high school student, about a year after the release of Halo 3 (circa 2008). At that point in time, the idea of a fourth Halo game was nowhere in sight.

As a poor kid in a middle-class family, I didn't have an Xbox 360 to play it on, I relied on a school friend with whom I used to play these games with on their system.

I didn't have the funds or the opportunity to buy any extended media and my family still had Dial-Up so looking up information on the internet was quite a hassle.

These all might sound as excuses for getting the lore of the video games wrong — and on some level they definitely are — but I hope that it explains that all lore mistakes that I made when I wrote this fanfic were misunderstandings of the overall lore and events of the first three games.

At the time of writing this fanfic, I was trying to improve in writing serialised stories as well as writing something that had a more sci-fi feel. Since I felt that (at the time) I knew quite a bit about the franchise, and I didn't want Master Chief to end up all alone in the middle of nowhere in space, I thought up a story idea based on my understanding of the lore.

Of course, as I've gotten older and the franchise has evolved since 343 Industries took over the creative oversight of the main videogame series (as well as more entries in the extended media), the little story that a teenager wrote became more and more inaccurate.

The reason why I have not done any revisions on the story since I first wrote it, and why I've kept it in its original form when I transferred it over to WattPad is because I wanted to have an archive of my writing over the years so I can see how much I've changed as a writer over the years.

Once again, I apologise to those who love the lore of the videogames, and ask that you also remember that they were written by someone who also loved the lore of the videogames and wanted to leave an imprint of their impression of the games.