CHAPTER 2 - Crashing Down

The pod sizzled through the air of the Halo. Inside, Master Chief placedCortana's chip into his helmet.

"Are you ready?" he asked Cortana.

"Yes."She answered.

The pod landed roughly on the damp grass.

SHHST!

The pod door opened, Master Chief put up his Assault Rifle and looked around. He couldn't forget anything. All his dreams were all the things that have happened while he was fighting the Human/Covenant war.

The coast was clear. He stepped out and looked around.

"What the hell?" he said, "It's exactly the same as the other ones that we visited. I swear we blew up the Halo galaxy."

"We did."

"Then how did all this survive?" he asked.

"Well,there is a possibility that the Halo universe was visited by another race and that race found out how to build a Halo and built it in this galaxy." Cortana theorized.

"Well,I don't like this feeling. Let's get going." Master Chief said.

They walked on and went into the forest nearby.

They cut through the thick jungle for a while then suddenly they heard noises. Familiar noises that was too far and too soft to predict.

They continued across the jungle and the familiar noises became louder and louder.

"What is it?" Cortana asked Master Chief.

"I don't know. It's too soft to predict yet."

Master Chief pushed a few plants out of the way and the sight that he saw shocked him.

"Oh,no," he said slowly.

"What?"Cortana asked, surprised.

A gun cocked behind Master Chief and he turned around aiming at the figure behind him.

The figure was in the shadows but his voice sounded familiar, "Master Chief?"

The figure stepped out of the shadows revealing a very familiar face.

"Arbiter?"