CHAPTER 6 - Sickness

"This is bad," Cortana remarked silently.

Master Chief and Red B team has been forced up the Holy Mountain by an ambush of hundreds and hundreds of Flood.

The rest of the horde were attacking them, facing them from the front and a bunch of Infection Forms and Carrier Forms attacking them from the behind. But now, they were surrounded with even more Flood from the horde. They had went around when the smoke from the grenades were camouflaging them and went around to surprise Master Chief and Red B.

All seems lost. But then...

BOOOM! An explosion that sent more Flood Combat Forms flying surprised Red B.

Master Chief turned around and saw Arbiter and the rest of Red A were running up the mountain. Arbiter and a few others had a rocket launcher and were shooting at the Flood that was running up the mountain.

"DUCK!" Arbiter yelled and shot out to rounds at the cliff face above Master Chief and Red B.

Master Chief and red B ducked as the rounds went over their head and exploded above them, killing lots of Flood.

"You take care of the ones over you, we'll clear the ones that were chasing you." Arbiter yelled. With that he shot another round at a pack of Flood that were running to him.

Master Chief and Red B started shooting at the Combat Forms that jumped at them from above. Now that there were no more Carrier Forms, it was easier to kill the Flood because there won't be anything that will revive the Combat Forms.

Soon later Red A and Red B trudged back into the town, scarred from the battle.

While the others rested, Arbiter and master Chief visited the tribe-leader with the kidnapped child.

After killing the Flood horde, they had ventured up the Holy Mountain and found the Flood Combat Form with the child. As soon as they were seen, the Flood lunged to attack them. Master Chief shot the Combat Form and the child trudged slowly to him and then they walked down the Mountain and into the town.

"Thank you so much," the tribe-leader said.

"Who and where did those Flood that attacked us came from?" Arbiter asked.

"They are from the neighbouring tribe. They have been infected."The tribe-leader answered.

"Infected?"Cortana asked.

"We are clean. They are infected."

The Pelican flew down and landed on the landing site of the main base. Arbiter and Master Chief walked out and were met by Admiral Archer.

Master Chief looked behind and stepped aside revealing the injured soldier.

"They're everywhere! Let me go!" he screamed.

"What is wrong with him?" Admiral Archer asked.

Master Chief explained of how the soldier was attacked when the 'infected'Flood ambushed them.

"Medical team!" a doctor called out when he saw the screaming soldier.