CHAPTER 12 - Invitations not Wanted

Master Chief ran in silence. He was more determined.

Why is it when I come into the picture, tragedies happen?

Why is it suddenly the Flood, the ones on the last Halos, are back? I thought we killed all of them?

Who is behind all of these attacks?

These and more were the questions that appeared in Master Chief's mind and he thought about them silently as they went over a hill and the main-base came into view.

Master Chief placed his back on a wall and slowly turned around. Searching the area. The Flood was walking around as if they had nothing better to do, as if waiting for an order.

Master Chief decided to add excitement and unlocked a grenade off the hook on his belt and pulled out the pin. He counted to three slowly and through the grenade around the wall.

The Flood reacted quickly to the bounces of the grenade and jumped out of the way.

BOOM!

The Flood rebounded to the explosion and lunged forward at Master Chief.He stepped out and started firing at the shotgun at the surging Flood. The Flood surged around him making it harder for him to keep the Flood back. Suddenly a Flood emerged from behind Master Chief and toppled over, knocking Master Chief as well.

Master Chief's shotgun clattered on the surface of the road and then the Flood hit Master Chief's head, knocking him out.

When Master Chief came to, everything was blurry. He does not know where he is and how long he has stayed unconscious; but everything seemed unfamiliar to him. A Flood Combat Form forced him on his feet and shoved him forward.

"Gravemind demands to see you," the Flood growled.

Master Chief followed the instructions of the Combat Form and continued onward, shoved into an open room, filled with Flood inside.

"He is here, Master," the Flood Combat Form said out loud and stepped back, bowing.

Master Chief stood still and a figure came forward. Out came forward a Gravemind. But it wasn't just a normal Gravemind – it was huge!

"Welcome Master Chief," Gravemind boomed. "We heard a lot of news about you from the others from that other galaxy. They were mindless,but I, I have plans for you and"

He paused to order a few Combat Forms to step forward from the shadows.They were hauling...

Arbiter.