CHAPTER 14 - Fin Part 1

"What?" Cortana cried out. "How, that is not possible."

Gravemind paused and turned slowly. "Actually, it is possible. And I'll prove it to you." He looked at a Flood Combat Form. The Combat Form turned around and walked away into the shadows, coming back with a soldier and a Flood Carrier Form behind it.

The Combat Form shoved the soldier onto the floor and the Carrier Form exploded and Infection Forms came onto the body. After a short time the mutation process is complete. The soldier stood up, looking as normal as he was before.

"And that's not all they can do. They are Combat Forms as well. Watch this."

The Combat Form/soldier started to shake then stayed standing still for a few seconds and then started to shiver and morph. He was morphing into a Combat Form. By the end of the transformation, he was looking just like a Combat Form that they were used to. Like the ones on Halo.

"And that's not all," Gravemind intruded.

The Combat Form/soldier once again started to shake; stood still for a few seconds and then shivered and started the transformation. At the end of the transformation they were taken aback. The Combat Form/soldier just changed from being a normal Combat Form into a normal soldier just like the one before the first transformation.

"You see," Gravemind marvelled, "we are unbeatable. They will never know the difference. And even though our brothers were idiots,we will avenge them and take over the races all over the universe.Including humans and the Elites from the Covenant."

For the next 48 hours, Master Chief sat in silence. Cortana stayed silent remembering what had happened on their encounter with the Head Gravemind two days ago. While he was being sent back down, he saw in the other cells the human and Elite survivors. They would all be turned into a secret Flood Combat Form.

"We must make an escape," Master Chief said to Cortana.

"How will we do that?" Cortana asked.

Master Chief looked outside the cell and around. There he noticed that the corridor was empty and that his cell door was unlocked. "Well, well, that's the easy part done."

Master Chief stepped out of the cell and started running up the corridor to the cell that the Flood was keeping Arbiter in. He heard Flood footsteps around the corner and waited for the Flood to turn around the corner before killing it and getting a set of keys and freed Arbiter.

"Well done,"

Arbiter, Master Chief and a few soldiers that they had found while running up the corridors escaping, ran up a lone corridor. Suddenly Master Chief stopped and ordered the others to stop. Soon after, they managed to ambush a patrol of Flood and grabbed the guns and ammo.

They continued running up and found themselves in the room of the bridge that they need to cross before escaping. Master Chief went on the bridge first; followed by the soldiers, and then Arbiter.

Then everything was silent. They had crossed the bridge halfway when the bridge shook a couple of times. Master Chief placed the problem away,thinking that it was just the movement of the seven of them crossing the bridge that was making the shakes. But then there was a major jolt. Master Chief turned around and lifted his gun up. He was taken by surprise. Standing before him was Flood Combat Form/Arbiter.

"What John? Is something bothering you?"he said.