CHAPTER 11 - Nightmare

Master Chief continued walking down across the forest back to main-base. He has been walking for nearly an hour now. He sat down and rested. Even a cyborg needs a rest every once in a while.

He took off his helmet and placed it on the ground next to him. He placed his head in his hands.

"What are you planning to do now?" Cortana asked.

There was a short silence.

"I don't know." Master Chief asked.

Then suddenly he heard an explosion. He looked up and saw a Hornet flying up with Flood trying to jump on it but missing in the direction of the main-base.

"Oh,crap," Master Chief said and stood up. He placed his helmet on and picked up his shotgun and started running towards the base.

Arbiter manoeuvred the Hornet carefully and there was silence for a moment.Then once again he spoke into the radio. "Master Chief," he said worriedly. "Master Chief are you still alive?"

There was static for a while then...

"Yes.What has happened?" Master Chief answered underlined with the static.

"The Flood has somehow managed to invade the main-base and has started taking over it," Arbiter said. "Where have you been?"

There was a silence then Master Chief answered back, "On our way to the neighbouring tribe, we were attacked and the ship crashed landed on the other side of the Holy Mountain."

"We landed outside the village when suddenly the Flood started taking over the village. Why are they suddenly taking over aggressively when– according to the tribe-leader – they had been living peacefully for many hundreds of years?"

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

The alarm was on. A missile was zooming through the air and before Arbiter could do anything, struck the side of the Hornet.